|Length||72 ft / 21.95 m|
|LOA||72 ft / 21.95 m|
|Beam||31 ft 8 in / 9.65 m|
|Max Draft||15 ft 7 in / 4.75 m|
|Dry Weight||62600 lb|
|Mainsail Area||1830 ft²|
|Max Bridge Clearance||3 ft 11 in / 1.19 m|
|Fuel Tanks||1300 litres|
|Fresh Water Tanks||840 litres|
Introducing the Gunboat 72V, a new catamaran concept to complement the existing heritage series’ currently in production (the Gunboat 68 and Gunboat 80) – the first catamaran with Gunboat performance and a flybridge. Design and engineering is the collaboration of Gunboat, VPLP, Christophe Chedal Anglay, and Patrick le Quément (the same team for the Gunboat 68) with a bespoke interior by Isabelle Racoupeau.
- Designed with the enjoyment and pleasure of cruising in mind, with the knowledge that even the most turbo Gunboats may spend >90% of their time in cruise mode. This new range invites clients whose cruising plans were just out of reach of full high-octane Gunboat capabilities at the performance end of the spectrum, with priorities for family and coastal cruising.
- Build quality and performance engineering delivered by Gunboat. Built by the yard that has delivered each Gunboat 68 on-weight. The focus remains on accurate, high-quality, all-carbon construction and a thorough treatment of performance optimizations. The result is a flybridge catamaran that yields comfort, stability, and capability in the widest range of conditions.
- The 72V will sail at wind speed and above from 8 kts true. The 72V is engineered with the historically highly accurate data modeling of VPLP.
- A focus on delivering sailing capabilities that are truly advantageous over motoring as a foundation for a sustainable life at sea. Lightweight construction, full treatment of performance optimizations, energy systems boosted by renewables, and a boat delivers effortless, mile-eating performance.
- Configured for simple, controlled, shorthanded performance sailing from the flybridge helm station, with streamlined sail controls and cruising-optimized sail plans.
- The 72V features no less than 5 distinct social areas: salon, aft cockpit, flybridge, foredeck lounge, aft beam lounge, and the choice of davits or a swim platform/aft beam lounge extension.
- The design aesthetic of Isabelle Racoupeau balances the dual personality of the cat, achieving comfort and richness while maintaining that Gunboat sense of light.
- For each series, Gunboat sets the parameters, and the owner sets the cursor with semi-customizability on a spectrum of performance and lifestyle preferences.
The name “V” is a nod to the blended culture of Gunboat - French and American. Since Gunboat joined Grand Large Yachting in 2016, the French sailing culture asserts itself on both fronts: cruising lifestyle and offshore multihull performance (as evident in the Gunboat 68). “V” stands for “Vie”. Life, the way you will enjoy it onboard a 72V, and the experience of a lifetime.