Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Model||Saare 41 AC|
|Length||41 ft / 12.5 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||41 ft / 12.5 m|
|Length at Water Line||36 ft 9 in / 11.2 m|
|Beam||12 ft 10 in / 3.92 m|
|Max Draft||6 ft 7 in / 2 m|
|Min. Draft||6 ft 6 in / 1.98 m|
|Builder||Saare Paat, Estonia|
From 2013, this is a very clean example of the Saare 41 AC by Saare Yachts and designed by Karl Johan Strahlman. Classic lines combine with a modern hull form and easily managed rig to produce a very capable performance cruiser. Still in her original ownership, the yacht has been lightly used and is very well presented.
When I started working with Saare Yachts in 2008, my own first Saare was the 41cc (centre cockpit). A fine cruiser and a comfortable yacht. After a short time I could say that this yacht was much faster and better performing than I had expected. As I had been into racing before and still wanted to sail some club races, we decided to build the Saare 41 as an aft cockpit yacht with the same hull, keel, rudder and rig. This, much bigger cockpit makes manoeuvring faster, and easier with downwind sails.
When my wife and I sailed the first Saare 41ac from Saaremaa to Eckernförde in autumn 2012, we encountered a lot of wind. One long night from Lithuania to Poland was particularly bad, it was dark for 12 hours. The weather forecast predicted a nightmare. We had 30 to 35 knots of wind for most of the night, and 43 to 45 knots for a few hours. We kept using the autopilot all night, and it worked perfectly. After this trip, we have complete trust in our boat. Since then, we’ve known that the Saare 41ac is the perfect cruiser, even in bad and heavy wind conditions.
Two years later, we sailed the Aalregatta with 134 competing yachts. At the start, the wind was up to 8 knots. This was the maximum of the day. A long spinnaker course with 3–6 knots of wind brought us to the finish line. We arrived in 6th place with only a few big racings yachts before us. Overall, we won this race.
Today, we know that the Saare 41ac is our perfect yacht. Strong and stiff, fast and safe in heavy wind while also great-performing in light wind, very comfortable, well-insulated, and build in the best Scandinavian tradition.
The owner of Saare Yachts OÜ
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC or RCDII (2013/53/EU as appropriate (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White hull with grey feature lines.
- Balsa as distance material.
- Windshield with aluminium frame.
- Teak cockpit and side decks.
Keel & Rudder:
- 2.0m lead keel.
- Spade rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4JH4TE 75hp
- SD50 Saildrive.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approx. 600.
- Engine last serviced: 2018 (dewinterised).
- Cruising speed – approx 7 knots @ 1,800rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx 8 knots @ 2,500rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx 3 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx 700Nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 4-bladed folding propeller.
- Side Power SR100 retractable bowthruster.
- Rope stripper.
- 2 x AGM Service batteries (2018).
- 1 x Engine start battery.
- 1 x Bow thruster/windlass battery.
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 12/50-3.
- 12V engine alternator
- Shore power 230V.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 30l hot water boiler.
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x Automatic bilge pump.
- 310 Litres.
- 310 Litres.
- Raymarine E120 chartplotter.
- Autopilot ST6002, SPX30, linear drive type 2.
- 3 x Raymarine i70.
- Raymarine i70 multifunction colour display.
- Raymarine VHF 55 E DSC with han.
- Active radar reflector.
- AIS 650.
- Isotherm fridge.
- ENO Oven with grill.
- 2 burner hob.
- Extra Isotherm fridge in saloon table.
- Shower outlet in transom.
- 2 x Manual Jabsco toilet.
- Showers in each of the heads compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher diesel heating.
- Dorade vents throughout.
- Radio/CD/aux stereo.
- LED lights throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Blue suede upholstery.
- Drinks cabinet.
- Wine rack in bilges.
- Seats are Alcantara.
- I = 16.45m.
- J = 4.67m.
- P = 15.5m.
- E = 5.2m.
- 19/20 fractional rig, 2 spreaders.
- Rodkicker with gas spring.
- 1 x Harken 40 Electric halyard winch.
- 1 x Harken 40 Manual winch.
- 2 x Harken 50 Genoa sheet winches.
- 2 x Harken 25 winches.
- Mainsail = 48m2.
- Genoa (138%) = 55m2.
- Foretriangle = 38m2.
- Hyde full-batten slab reefed main.
- Hyde furling 105% jib horizontal Nordac NSP 8.8 oz.
- Ullman sails top down furling asymmetric on karver furler (Blue, grey and black).
- Stormjib (unused).
- Cockpit table integrated with steering console.
- Bathing ladder.
- 2 x Cupholders (teak, cockpit).
- Side access gates in lifelines on both sides.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Maxwell windlass in bow, recessed under deck (incl. rope with lead).
- Anchor SS ‘Bruce’ 20kg.
- Anchor chain 8mm stainless steel 50m.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
Tender & Outboard:
- Holder for dinghy engine.
- Zodiac tender.
- 2.3hp Suzuki.
- Lifebuoy Swedebuoy.
- Safety gear.
- Serviced liferaft in rear locker (unused).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.