Presented For Sale By:
|Length||41 ft / 12.58 m|
|Location||Portsmouth, Hampshire (Port Solent Marina)|
|Tax Status||Tax Not Paid|
|LOA||41 ft 3 in / 12.58 m|
|Length at Water Line||35 ft / 10.67 m|
|Length on Deck||40 ft 2 in / 12.24 m|
|Beam||12 ft 9 in / 3.89 m|
|Max Draft||6 ft 5 in / 1.95 m|
|Min. Draft||6 ft 5 in / 1.95 m|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||4800|
|Designer||Farr Yacht Design - Nauta Design (interior)|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 138 litres (Plastic)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||3 x 100 litres (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 80 litres (Plastic)|
Beneteau First 40 (Sunsail 4016)
NEW ARRIVAL - 08-09-2020
BUILDERS COMMENTS: Designed by Bruce Farr, the Beneteau First 40 does an admirable job of blending a truly fast hull with a very stylish interior. The interior has been designed by Nauta Design and is finished in an Alpi blond oak which certainly adds a touch a class and comfort throughout the vessel. The First 40 is built somewhat conservatively with a solid hull and cored deck and accessible areas on deck covered in "picot" type non-slip surface.
The galley is immediately to port when you come below. It’s well thought out, with stainless steel sink facing forward, a good sized icebox/fridge and a two-burner stove with oven/ grill. The wraparound navigation station is opposite the galley and is the best feature of the interior. It includes a chart table and a desk, perfect for a computer, and plenty of room for radios and repeaters. The saloon includes settees port and starboard with storage above.
BROKERS COMMENTS: "SUNSAIL 4016" continues the tradition of the First 40.7 and is a thoroughbred amongst racer/cruisers. The interior layout is modern and comfortable and yet the First 40 has had highly impressive racing results, showing a winning combination of style and performance. The Beneteau First 40 is a proven winner already.
Below the forward cabin offers a V-berth, a dressing chair and a small hanging locker. The head is to starboard and is surprisingly spacious. There are two equal double cabins aft and the saloon has one single berth to port and one starboard. A center-line table opens up to allow seating for most of the crew.
The Beneteau First 40 is a performance boat that we can all aspire to, and that’s vital in these difficult times. It is designed for “like” racing, not one-design, and that’s also important today. This boat appeals on many levels to be sure, but what will assure the success of the First 40 is the fact that it lives up to its name.
Sold 'AS IS, WHERE IS'
"As-is" denotes that the seller is selling, and the buyer is buying an item in whatever condition it presently exists, and that the buyer is accepting the item "with all faults", whether or not immediately apparent and that they have been advised to undertake a survey at point of purchase to verify the vessel is fit for intended purpose.
AVAILABILITY: For immediate sale
This vessel is currently ashore at Port Solent Marina, Portsmouth, ENGLAND.
All viewings by prior appointment only please.
Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 09:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- HULL CONSTRUCTION: Hull infusion (Glass – Polyester). Injection moulded hull (Sandwich/ Glass fiber / Balsa wood / Polyester resin)
- DECK MATERIAL: Accessible areas covered in a “picot” type non-slip surface.
- RUDDER TYPE: Hung rudder with self aligning rocker bearings.
- KEEL TYPE: Cast Iron Shallow Draught Keel
- KEEL LENGTH: 1,95 m / 6'39" ft
- WHERE BUILT: Beneteau - SPBISA, Dompierre Sur Yon, France
- CALL SIGN: 2ECA7
- MMSI NUMBER: 225083847
- BRITISH REGISTRY NUMBER: PORTSMOUTH/ 917317
- BUILD YEAR: 2011
- MODEL YEAR: 2011
- ENGINE: Yanmar 3JH5E SD (40cv), H.P 39
- ENGINE NUMBER: E10505
- FUEL TYPE: Diesel
- LAST SERVICED: March 2020; Sail-drive last serviced in February 2020.
- ENGINE HOURS RUN/DATE: 4,800 Hours approximately. (The Yanmar digital hour meters have failed and are no longer offered under standard warranty by Yanmar).
- CONTROLS: Engine throttle and control panel to starboard
- COOLING SYSTEM: Heat exchange
- TRANSMISSION: Sail Drive - Replaced with SD60 version - Fitted new in April 2017, Serviced January 2020
- EC CERTIFICATE: A/B/C – 12 Person
- TYPE OF PROP: Fold away dual-blade propeller
- ANTI-FOULED: February 2020
NAVIGATION & ELECTRONICS
- GAS DETECTOR: (1) Vetus
- AIS 600 - Class B AIS Transceiver
SAILS AND RIGGING
- TYPE: (1) Standard electro polished aluminium mast – 2 aft swept spreaders
- MAST HEIGHT: M 19.205 / FT 63' 00
- SPAR MAKER/MATERIAL: Profurl
- STANDING RIGGING MATERIAL: DYFORM cable
- RUNNING RIGGING MATERIAL: Sheet trimming type “German System”; Mainsail sheet track in aluminium with ball-bearing traveller in cockpit bottom
- MAINSAIL: Ullmans Dacron replaced in March 2017
- MAINSAIL REEFING: Yes (3 reefs)
- HEAD-SAIL ROLLER FURLING GENOA: (1) Yes - Hyde DCXH March 2018
- BOOM VANG: (1) SPARCRAFT Anodized aluminium swinging boom track mounted on mast; fixed boom kicking strap
- ADDITIONAL SAILS: Quantum Dacron from around March 2011
- SPINNAKER: (1) 1.5oz, Replaced in 2016
- RIG CHECKED: January 2020
- GENOA SHEET WINCHES: (2) Harken 50, 2 Speed, Self Tailing
- SPINNAKER WINCHES: (2) Harken 50, 2 Speed, Self Tailing
- RIGGING WINCHES: (2) Harken 50, 2 Speed, Self Tailing
- COOKER TYPE: ENO (2 ring gas burner)
- OVEN: (1) Yes
- GRILL: (1) Yes
- FRIDGE: (1) Vitrifrigo Model: BN100 – BNT; Compressor: ACC GD30FDC; Power: 42W; Input Volts: 12-42Vcc
- ICEBOX: Yes - 100 Litre Icebox drained by foot pump
- SINK: (1) Rectangular stainless steel sink in galley; (1) Mixer tap cold water
- SHOWERS: (1)
- MARINE TOILET: (1) Yes - WC Quiet Flush Electric Toilet
- HAND BASINS: Cold water mixer/ shower hose under pressure
- UPHOLSTERY/ COLOUR SCHEME: Cream Leatherette (saloon only):
- INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION/WOOD TYPE: Alpi Blond Oak; parquet type laminated floors
- COOKWARE: None
- CUTLERY: Pax 4 (Knife, Fork, Spoon, T-Spoon, Plates, Bowls, Mugs)
- LINENS: None
- VOLTAGE: 12 volt circuit/ 12v socket / 220v AC
- ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT: 12 v Electrical panel (breaker; voltmeter; water gauge; fuel gauge; battery warning; fuel warning.
- HOUSE BATTERIES: (2) Yes
- ENGINE BATTERIES: (1)Yes
- ALTERNATOR: 12 V 80 Amps (or equivalent)
- SPRAY HOOD: (1) Yes
- WARPS/ SPRINGS: (2) Shore lines.
- FENDERS: (4)
- ANCHOR WINDLASS: Quick 12v with up/ down handheld remote control
- PRIMARY ANCHOR: (1) Yes
- SECONDARY ANCHOR: (1) Yes
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT: (1) Fire Blanket; (1) Emergency Tiller; (2) Horseshoe Buoys with Floating Lights; (1) Dan-buoy; (1) Throwing Line; (1) Life-raft; (4) Life-jackets; (4) Harness Lines; (1) Flare pack
- Items not included in the sale: Life-raft grab bag and first aid kit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By: