|Length||40 ft / 12.19 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||40 ft / 12.19 m|
|Length at Water Line||35 ft 2 in / 10.72 m|
|Beam||12 ft 5 in / 3.79 m|
|Max Draft||7 ft 9 in / 2.36 m|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||800|
PRICE JUST REDUCED.
The best example on the market. In immaculate condition in every respect, very lightly used, optimized for both racing and cruising. Good club racing results.
Deep “sport” keel (2.40m), and additional stability through 340 kg of lead secured under the sole, above the keel.
Comprehensive sail wardrobe.
Extensive list of extras.
Optimized ORCi Certificate, April 2018.
Lying Yacht Club of Greece, Athens.
Owner’s “modern” version: 2 cabins, 2 heads, vast locker in cockpit
- Matt-sanded hull with three-layer epoxy treatment by X-Yachts, finished with racing antifouling (sprayed)
- Max Prop two-blade propeller
- 3 blade fixed propeller (for cruising & deliveries)
- Faired hull-throughs
- Teak in cockpit and on seats in good condition
- Cruising stainless steel helm pedestal/guard-rail with instrument box, removable
- Harken self-tailing carbon winches (2 x 48” 3-speed, 4 x 44” 2-speed) serviced every year
- 2 x Harken halyard deflectors by pit winches
- Velcro-mounted (removable) winch-handle pouches in cockpit
- Deck recessed Quick anchor winch (1000 W – 12 V), with remote control and chain counter
- Gas-spring cockpit lockers
- Hot/cold water shower in cockpit
- Removable spray hood (blue) with three windows, folding flush with cockpit
- Custom-made cockpit cushions (Sunbrella): grey with blue piping
- Wichard 6 mm padeyes in cockpit and on deck
- Selden control fairleads for Code 0 mounted on port guard rails
- Wooden bracket for outboard motor mounted on aft guard rail
- Bathing ladder
- Blue Alcantara upholstery, immaculate; fitted canvas covers (white)
- All woodwork is hand-rubbed and varnished teak
- Opening cabinets on full length of sides of fore and aft cabin
- Teak cutting boards for kitchen sinks
- Red night lights in saloon
- 2 x holding tanks – self-draining with deck outlet
- Additional 100L neoprene water tank under fore cabin bunk
- Fitted waterproof carpet for saloon and cabins
- Fitted sheets (2 pairs) for both cabins
- Custom-made wine-storage rack under sole
- Saloon table cover (felt)
- Fore cabin bunk cover for racing
- JVC DVD multimedia receiver and radio
- Bose 131 waterproof loudspeakers (2 x in saloon + 2 x in cockpit)
- Water heater
- Inverter, with 220V socket
- Two electrical keel bilge pumps
- Combined steam and deck floodlight at mast
- 2 x gel batteries (2017)
- Shore power 220V
- Suunto F116D magnetic compass, 115 mm (black)
- Raymarine ST60+ speed transducer and log display
- Raymarine ST60+ depth transducer and depth display
- Raymarine ST60+ forward looking wind transducer including transponder box
- Raymarine ST60+ multi-display
- Raymarine C70 chart plotter with Raystar 125 GPS
- Raymarine mast instrument display, with remote control
- Raymarine ST6002+ autopilot with SP10 course computer and Jefa drive, with remote control
- Raymarine 240E DSC-D VHF radio (full function handset)
- Raymarine 240 VHF cockpit loudspeaker, with on/off switch and volume control
- iCom portable and waterproof VHF
Rigging and Controls
- Removable self-tacking jib track, with cars, mountable on Genoa tracks (Ronstan)
- Carbon spinnaker pole
- Foldable mast steps
- Dyneema backstay + original rod backstay
- J Lift racing forestay
- Profurl B35LSR42 furling forestay
- Wichard Jyb’Easy + Custom boom collar
- Custom-made removable cam cleats for boom vang and spinnaker foot control
- Carbon anti-chafe protection pads in cockpit
- Stainless steel anti-chafe edge covers on pit
- Gottifredi Maffioli racing lines (unsheathed and/or tapered
- Carbon Main, half-batten (Kakitsis, 2017)
- Carbon-Kevlar Heavy Main, full-batten, with taffeta, three reefs (X-Voiles, 2011)
- 3Di Light-Medium J1, 135% (North, 2017)
- Fusion MR 7600 Medium J3 (Quantum, 2017)
- Heavy J4 (Banks, 2016)
- Windseeker (Quantum, 2017)
- S1, 0.50 (North)
- S2, 0.75 (North)
- S3, 0.90 (North)
- S3 heavy, 0.95 (Banks)
- S4, 0.6 (SailLoft)
- Storm main
- Dacron Main, full-batten, two reefs (Diamond/North)
- Kevlar training Main, half-batten (SailLoft)
- Self-tacking jib (Banks, 2016)
- Carbon-Kevlar Genoa (SailLoft)
- Code 0, furling, with Facnor furler (Banks, 2016)
- Jib top (SailLoft)
- Delta stainless steel primary anchor, with 60 metres of 8 mm chain
- Secondary anchor, iron (in bag)
- Telescopic cockpit table, removable
- Full deck cover, boom cover (with X-40 class logo), spinnaker pole cover, boom vang cover, winch and wheel covers
- Deck awning on booms + light awning; both Sunbrella
- Folding wooden deck passerelle; can be suspended and hoisted
- X-Yachts strap and hull-encased galvanized shackle for single-point hoist
- Life raft and all necessary safety equipment, including EPIRB
- 6 x X-Yachts fenders with dark blue covers
- Bow and stern fenders
- All manuals and full boat history
- Tool boxes
- Various spares
Manufacturer Provided Description
The elegant yet sporty looking X-40 was launched in 2008. She is a fast cruiser and designed to set the standard for quality built yachts and still features the same outstanding characteristics as the other Performance Cruisers in the X-Yachts range such as sandwich hull and deck, steel hull girders, composite keel with low CG ? all requirements for optimum sailing performance.
Proportioned To Perfection
- The hull lines and layout of the new X-40 are designed from the highly successful production racer, the IMX 40, and perfected to provide the crui?sing family with a stiff, fast and comfortable yacht.
- On the water she makes a profound impression. Her easy and responsive handling is supported by having all control lines and sheets led back to the cockpit. The double-ended mainsheet system is led back to either side of the cockpit under the side decks, and can be controlled either directly by the helm or by a crew member.
- The large steering wheel together with the needle bearing steering system make helming and manoeuvring the yacht an unforgettable pleasure.
Elegant Design Features
- With the cruising family in mind, the X-Yachts Design Group has developed a yacht with many hidden qualities and solutions that ensure an enjoyable time is also spent below deck.
- The feel of excellence starts with the selection of the finest teak veneers, the beautiful shaped hull windows in the saloon, further perfected by the natural light that flows through the chrome polished skylights and portlights.
Beauty And Comfort
- A stay on board is additionally enhanced by the well-designed saloon and galley, both with ample storage facilities for food and cutlery.
- The cabins are well ventilated, and the cold foam mattresses provide a restful night?s sleep.
- Throughout the yacht the high quality installations, such as engine noise insulation and plumbing installations, provide comfort and pleasure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.