Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||35 ft / 10.67 m|
|Location||Marina del Rey, California, United States|
|LOA||37 ft 1 in / 11.3 m|
|Length at Water Line||34 ft 2 in / 10.42 m|
|Beam||15 ft 2 in / 4.62 m|
|Displacement (Dry Load)||10900 lb|
|Total Sail Area||644 ft²|
|Max Bridge Clearance||6 ft 12 in / 2.13 m|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||1250|
|Fuel Tanks||20 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||35 gal|
The J/109 is a stable, easy to sail, proven performance boat. With a great dual purpose deck layout, plenty of interior volume and amenities necessary for comfortable cruising. A weekend at the island is a snap.
The sleek profile and generous sail plan give one an immediate sense of the speed potential of the J/109. The hull profile reveals a long waterline, low wetted surface, and a low VCG fin keel, designed for excellent stability when sailing short-handed.
Sail handling systems follow the J philosophy of keeping things easy. Halyards and reef lines are cockpit led, mainsheet controls are within reach of the wheel, and inboard sheeting tracks permit the use of both overlapping and non-overlapping headsails. There is ample on-deck stowage, thanks to the removable transom locker, cockpit seat locker and a bow compartment large enough for both the anchor rode and the asymmetric spinnaker.
The interior has two private sleeping cabins. The L shaped galley includes a double sink, two burner propane stove and a hot and cold pressure water system. The navigation station is a large sit-down forward-facing console with instrument displays outboard. The head is conveniently located aft near the companionway, providing easy access from the cockpit while underway.
"Persistence" is a proven winner on the race course!
She is a very clean, well maintained vessel,
And a MUST SEE for anyone considering a true performance cruiser!
- The J/109 features the popular carbon fiber retractable bowsprit and asymmetric spinnaker system
- A versatile 2-cabin interior layout with standing headroom.
- She is designed with a very low VCG (center of gravity), long waterline, and generous sail plan
- Horsepower for competitive racing and stability for relaxed cruising
- The J/109 fits within the current J/Boat sprit range as a stable, easy-to-sail performance boat
- The interior has the volume necessary for comfortable cruising and a great dual purpose deck layout.
- Sail handling systems follow the J philosophy of keeping things easy.
- Halyards and reef lines are cockpit led, mainsheet controls are within reach of the wheel, and inboard sheeting tracks permit the use of both overlapping and non-overlapping headsails.
- There is ample on-deck stowage, thanks to the removable transom locker, cockpit seat locker and a bow compartment large enough for both the anchor rode and the asymmetric spinnaker.
- The L-shaped galley includes a double sink, a 2-burner propane stove and a pressure water system.
- The nav station is a large sit-down forward-facing console with abundant space for instrument displays.
- The head is conveniently located aft near the companionway, providing easy access from the cockpit while underway.
- Large hanging locker on port side, storage on starboard
- Double v-berth with storage underneath
- Settee/berths to port and starboard with lift up pilot berths on both sides
- Water tank under starboard berth
- Table with drop leafs and bottle storage in the centerline, and custom padded cover
- Storage lockers behind the backrest
- SS handrail on the ceiling
- Gimballed propane stove with oven and 2 burners
- SS double sink with pressurized hot/cold water
- Icebox /fridge with a 12-volt compressor
- Storage under sink
- Chart table facing forward
- Chart storage under table
- Locker under chart table
- Nav seat with cushion and backrest
- Instrument/electrical panel
- Hanging locker
- Changing seat
- Double berth
- Access panel to engine
- Fuel tank located under berth
- Marine head
- Mirror and vanity
- Holding tank
- Access door to cockpit storage
Sails and Rigging
- Working Sail Area: 644 sqft
- I: 46.50
- J: 13.33
- P: 43.25
- E: 15.50
Mast and Rigging
- Tapered aluminum with double airfoil spreaders - clear anodized
- Continuous rod rigging
- Hydraulic backstay
- Roller furling headsail
- Retractable carbon fiber bowsprit with a seal
- Solid boom vang with cascade purchase system
Sails - All sails by Ullman
- Light/Medium FiberPath Class Jib
- RUN Class Spinnaker
- AP Class Spin
- Harbor Blaster Class Jib
- Carbon GPL AP Class Jib
- Carbon Class Main
Deck Hardware and Equipment
- Harken ST46 primaries
- Harken ST 40 cabin top
- Mainsheet purchase with fine tune
- Adjustable mainsheet traveler
- Adjustable genoa and jib cars
- Bowsprit control line leading to a cam cleat
- Removable stern seat/locker
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit cushions
- Hot/cold cockpit shower
- 30 amp shore power, with shore power cord
- Battery charger
- Auto pilot
- B & G Wind/Speed and Depth
- Garmin GPS/Chartplotter
- Radio with cockpit speakers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.