Presented For Sale By:
|Length||49 ft / 14.9 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||48 ft 11 in / 14.9 m|
|Length at Water Line||43 ft 4 in / 13.2 m|
|Beam||14 ft 12 in / 4.56 m|
|Max Draft||7 ft 7 in / 2.3 m|
|Min. Draft||7 ft 7 in / 2.3 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||1250|
|Designer||Judel Vrolijk & Co.|
|Builder||Cantiere del Pardo|
|Fuel Tanks||290 litres|
|Fresh Water Tanks||460 litres|
Fantastically well-equipped and upgraded example of the Judel Vrolijk designed Grand Soleil 50 aft cockpit performance cruising yacht. Presented in great condition inside and out with over £70k in recent expenditure to make her 100% turnkey.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Launched in April 2005 and very lightly used in both of her original ownerships, BELLA OF LONDON was bought in 2013 by her current owner. Coded to SVC2, she has taken her owner and crew on the ARC in 2013, the Fastnet in 2013, 2015 and 2017 and has been used for cruising in UK and Channel waters.
Comprehensively refitted and upgraded throughout her current ownership with in excess of £70k spent over the past 5 seasons, BELLA OF LONDON is one of the best-prepared and immediately usable cruising yachts we have seen in a very long while.
Her specification highlights are numerous, but particular highlights include:-
- 3-cabin, 2-head owner’s layout
- Larger 75hp Volvo engine option with saildrive and recent diaphragm replacement
- Recently replaced stainless steel wire standing rigging
- Upgraded Harken electric winch package
- Extensive Sanders & North Sails carbon sail wardrobe
- Symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers with poles and deck gear
- Fully-battened mainsail with ball-bearing battencars, single-line reefing and lazyjacks
- Flex-o-fold feathering prop
- Retractable bowthruster
- Twin alternators, upgraded battery capacity and inverter
- Webasto diesel heating system
- Holding tank
- Spectra Newport 400 watermaker
- Raymarine instrument package including digital radar & plotters
BELLA OF LONDON is now offered for sale in 100% turn-key order as her owners would like to move on to fresh projects. VAT-paid, Part 1 British Registered and SVC2 coded, she is ideal for both private and commercial adventures.
We purchased BELLA OF LONDON in 2013 when she was based out of Portimão in the western Algarve, Portugal. Little did we know that the idyllic test sail in the sun and Blue sea with Dolphins playing with the bow was to be a prelude for such great things to come. Since owning BELLA OF LONDON we have sailed many thousands of miles having been to Gibraltar, Tangier, the Canaries, the Caribbean via the 2014 ARC, the North French coast, three successful and hugely enjoyable Fastnets and cruised round Britain. During this time we have built complete confidence in her through all conditions. She is fast, fun and really comfortable. We have spent a considerable amount of money on Bella bringing her specification up to the level required to do all the exciting things that we have been able to do. BELLA OF LONDON is far from a standard Grand Soleil 50! BELLA OF LONDON is currently configured to sail with a full crew, however, some minor and inexpensive adjustments such as fitting a lazy bag for the main and a spinnaker sock she could sail short-handed very easily. Our reluctant decision to sell BELLA OF LONDON is due to commitments of our personal time and business. BELLA OF LONDON has been meticulously maintained and consistently used with a majority of the maintenance and upgraded works carried out here in Lymington by the Berthon Boat Company. To sail BELLA OF LONDON back across the Atlantic would take too much more than packing some extra ‘sandwiches and a flask of tea’.
Designed by Rolf Vrolijk, and it shares the same heritage of this designer, who has proven his ability to delineate and reaffirm the success of Alinghi in the last two editions of the America’s Cup. Grand Soleil 50’ is a consecration of the design on which it was built, aimed at limiting wave-resistance at sea and at defining significant shape stability in order to achieve the ideal angle of balance and consistently safe and comfortable sailing.
SUCCESSFUL CHOICES - In terms of design solutions, the sail area includes a high-extension spanker and a low-overlap genoa jib, so as to allow for easy and intuitive sailing in all conditions, even with a short crew. The spacious and user-friendly cockpit is designed to suit both cruise and regatta use. The main sheet at the end of the boom ensures the best possible control for regatta use, whilst the halyard runs below deck, the short deckhouse and the garage hood make for a clear, obstacle-free deck, and ensure that all rigging movements can be carried out freely and rapidly.
SEA-AFFINITY. ENOUGH SAID - There is perhaps no greater or more desirable quality in a boat, and yet, when you try Grand Soleil 50’, you will recognise it instantly and naturally. This boat is truly made for the sea, tireless, handling races or cruises, the longer the better, in the heart of the habitat that Grand Soleil 50’ was made for, and where it is truly in its element. Above deck, the double wheelhouse opens out the cockpit and provides for a direct passageway to the transom, where the electrical opening-system facilitates easy and immediate access to the sea.
HIGH-CLASS LIVING - Dimensions and design choices make the Grand Soleil 50’ an extremely agreeable boat, particularly well-suited for hosting guests and families, thanks to its spacious rooms and decks.
SPEED MEETS RELAXATION - Below deck, the sporty life gives way to a cosy and welcoming atmosphere, distinctly elegant and refined, down to the smallest detail, as befits the finest Grand Soleil tradition.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-Ocean.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull, deck and superstructure construction
- Stratified unidirectional fibreglass offering a tensile strength of up to 25 kg/mm².
- NPG isophthalic gelcoats, NEOGEL and vinylester resin are applied to the first layers of the hull.
- Bulkheads laminated with 60mm flanges for increased adhesion to GRP
- Hot galvanised steel grid structure for transferance of rigging and keel loads
- Stainless steel chainplates with 27mm rods secured to grid structure
- White gelcoat hull and deck finish
- Blue waterline stripe and cavita line
- Deck construction in GRP with termanto foam core for increased insulation, shear strength and durability
- Side decks, coachroof, cockpit seating and cockpit sole in laid teak with black caulking
Keel & Rudder:
- Hydrodynamically designed fin keel with lead bulb
- The keel is bolted onto the metal internal structure so as to distribute the keel load over the broad, and sturdy fibreglass and galvanised steel surface of the entire hull.
- The balanced spade rudder is moulded in fibreglass with internal 300mm stainless steel plates attached to 60mm diameter stainless steel stock.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta D2-75, 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 75 HP
- Volvo 150-S saildrive gearbox
- Saildrive diaphragm replaced 2016
- Freshwater engine cooling using raw water inlet and heat exchanger.
- Water-cooled exhaust system in reinforced rubber hose through silencer and appropriate fitting.
- Engine housing lifts on gas struts.
- Lewmar stainless steel single lever throttle/gear control in cockpit
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: Estimated 1,250 hours as of Spring 2019
- Date of last engine service: Engine serviced annually with major overhaul 2016
- New clutch on gearbox – winter 2018/19
Propulsion & Steering:
- Solimar Racer twin steering pedestals with Carbonautica black lacquered carbon figure helm wheels – 2015
- Flexofold 3-bladed feathering propeller
- Ambassador rope cutter
- MAX Power 12vDC retractable bowthruster with control at helm pedestal - 2014
- Solimar emergency steering gear
- 12vDC primary domestic system with 230v AC via shorepower or inverter
- 2x 12vDC engine start batteries - 2013
- 6x 12vDC domestic batteries joined in parallel – 2013
- 1x 12vDC bowthruster battery – 2014
- BEP Marine battery switches
- Emergency parallel switch for engine and service battery banks
Charging / Inverter:
- Sterling Pro-Charge Ultra 12/60 60A battery charger for domestic batteries – 2014
- Victron Phoenix 750w inverter – 2014
- Victron BMV-602s battery data monitoring system - 2014
- 80A 12vDC alternator on engine
- 120A 12vDC secondary high-output alternator on engine
- Marinco 30Amp shorepower supply with ring main and 230v AC sockets in interior
- 12v sockets at chart table and in cockpit
- Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 12vDC pressure system with Par Max pump
- Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power in well-insulated hot water tank
- Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower in cockpit
- Spectra Newport 400 Mk II watermaker making approx. 65 litres per hour
- 3x manual bilge pumps in cockpit, below decks and forward sail locker
- 2x 12vDC high capacity electric bilge pump with manual overrides
- 2x 12vDC shower drain pumps
- Gas locker in separate drained compartment in cockpit
- Gas system certified – 2017
- Nereus gas alarm system
- 290 litres diesel capacity
- Analogue Fuel tank level gauge at chart table
- 460 litres fresh water capacity
- Analogue water tank gauge at chart table
- Black water holding tank servicing aft heads
- Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine E80 digital colour GPS chart plotter radar display – 2005
- Twin Raymarine GPS transducers
- Raymarine digital closed-array radar scanner on transom pole - 2005
- Raymarine ST6000 Smart Pilot autopilot control with T2 linear drive - 2005
- Raymarine i60 wind display with transducer – 2016
- Raymarine i50 depth display with transducer – 2016
- 2x Raymarine i50 speed displays with transducer – 2016
- Plastimo steering compass as companionway
At Chart Table:
- Raymarine E120 digital colour GPS chart plotter radar display – 2005
- Raymarine i70 multi repeater – 2016
- Dell laptop PC with chart software and GPS connection – 2015
- AIS Type-B transceiver – 2013
- Furuno NX-330 Navtex – 2013
- Clock & barometer on main bulkhead
- 2x Raymarine i70 repeater displays in master cabin - 2018
- Raymarine Ray54E VHF with DSC – 2005
- Icom BC-166 handheld VHF with charging dock
- Cradle and antenna for Iridium satellite phone (no phone unit included)
- Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
- 3-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven
- Top-opening fridge with 12vDC compressor
- Front opening fridge
- Manual Jabsco heads in both heads compartments
- Heads showers with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
- Stainless steel sinks – replaced 2015
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto Airtop 5000 diesel-fired hot air heating system with outlets cabins– overhauled 2016
- Ventilation consisting of opening skylights and opening portlights
- LED interior lighting 2014
- Red night lighting at galley and chart table - 2014
- Phillips radio/CD player with JVC speakers in saloon and Fusion speakers in cockpit
Summary of Accommodation:
- Aft cockpit layout with up to nine full length berths in three double cabins plus two further saloon settee berth, one of which converts to a double. Forward and aft day heads with showers.
- Marine grade waterproof core, faced with selected teak is used in all bulkheads and major joinery.
- Specially selected solid teak in frames and doors.
- All main bulkheads bonded to hull and deck, using glass fibre and polyester.
- Ceiling, topsides and minor visible hull sides with foam backed vinyl.
- Hull sides, bottom, bilge, etc top-coated throughout the interior.
- Cabin sole board finished in simulated teak and holly spline
- Locker doors have upgraded stainless steel hinges – 2017
- Acrylic stone counters in galley
- Cushions in high quality foam with first class upholstery.
- Blue fabric upholstery in saloon – seat covers replaced 2017
- Bedding and recovering of mattresses – winter 2018/19
- Beige upholstery in accommodation cabins
- Aft guest cabins – Lee cloths between berths
- Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
- White cloth curtains
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Island double berth
- Twin settees, various storage compartments and hanging locker
- Master cabin en suite heads with shower, wash hand basin and sea toilet.
- Shower panel replacement with stainless steel – 2016
- Double berth to port
- Large draw under berth and storage cupboards at eye level above berth
- Mattress upgraded to fully sprung
- Starboard 2 x wardrobes with dressing table unit, containing 3 x drawers, floor level cupboard and cupboards above
- Large locker in bilge
- Spacious saloon with large dinette and second settee, dinette has the added capability to convert to double berth for extra accommodation.
- Movable saloon centreline bench - 2018
- Various storage lockers, and light beige cabin upholstery throughout.
- Oceanair solar reflective roller blinds on all 6 deck hatches.
- Stainless steel grab handles
- Forward facing chart table, located to starboard with chart storage and navigation electronics centre.
- L shaped galley located to port comprising of gas hob with oven and grill, 2 fridges (original chest and additional upright), stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap.
- Numerous storage lockers and synthetic stone effect work tops.
- Stainless steel grab handles.
- Heads compartment with shower, wash hand basin, sea toilet, storage/vanity unit.
- Equal aft cabins with double berths and lee-cloths
- Hanging lockers with seat.
- Cabinet above bed along hull side.
- Door to main saloon from starboard and port guest cabins.
- Sparcraft aluminium anodised spars
- Keel-stepped mast with 3-sets of swept-back spreaders
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging – replaced 2015
- Split backstay with Holmatro hydraulic adjuster - 2013
- Facnor genoa furler
- Soft-vang arrangement - 2020
- Harken genoa tracks
- Secondary aft tracks for 145% genoa – 2016
- Fully-battened mainsail system with Frederiksen ball-bearing battencar system on mast-mounted track
- Tri-sail track on mast - 2013
- 2x single line reefs
- Spinlock clutches
- Mast fittings for inner forestay
- German mainsheet system with Harken full-width mainsheet track in cockpit forward of helms
- Selden heavy-duty padeyes amidships and aft for spinnaker blocks/guys – 2015
- Leather protective spreader caps
- Selden aluminium spinnaker pole, vertically stowed on mast – 2013
- Spinnaker track on mast with uphaul and downhauls – 2013
- Selden jockey pole stowed on deck – 2013
- Selden removable asymmetric pole with tackline led aft – 2013
- Equipment for symmetric and asymmetric spinnakers
- Dyneema halyards – 2013/14 (main halyard 2017)
- 2x Harken 60.2 STE 2-speed electric self-tailing primary winches
- 2x Harken 53.2 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing spinnaker winches
- 1x Harken 48.2 STE 2-speed electric self-tailing main halyard and control line winch
- 1x Harken 48.2 ST 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard and control line winch
- 1x mast-mounted winch for topping-lift - 2020
- Sander Sails CL-DIAX carbon laminate double-taffeta fully-battened mainsail with 2-reefs – 2016
- North Sails carbon laminate fully-battened mainsail with 2-reefs – 2013/14 (well used)
- Sander Sails 145% DP Hydra Net Radial cruising genoa - 2015
- North Sails 131% 3DL furling genoa – 2013
- North Sails 95% carbon laminate furling jib – 2013/14
- Hyde Sails 0.9oz symmetrical spinnaker – 2013
- North Sails symmetrical spinnaker - 2015
- North Sails A3 asymmetric reacher – 2014
- Dacron storm jib – 2005
- Dacron tri-sail – 2013
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit.
- Teak step on pulpit
- Stainless steel guardwire stanchions – replaced with reinforced stanchions – 2015
- Gaurdwires replaced 2015
- Goiot opening side ports - 2016
- Lewmar opening deckhead hatches – replaced 2015-16
- Electric fold-out bathing platform
- Stern boarding ladder
- Scanstrut stainless steel radar antenna pole at stern – 2015
- Hot & cold shower in cockpit
- Removable cockpit table – winter 2018/19
- Stainless steel anti-wear plates on foredeck and at aft end of superstructure
- Teak bulkwark
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Quick 12vDC reversing electric anchor windlass with remote control - 2016
- Delta anchor with 80m of 10mm chain
- Kedge anchor with chain and warp
- Stainless steel bow plate - 2017
- Stainless steel rubbing strips for mooring cleats
- Fore and aft mooring lines
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Blue canvas mainsail cover
- Sprayhood with stainless steel frame and grabrail - 2015
- Bimini with stainless steel frame
- Blue canvas wheel, winch table and life-raft covers
- CJ Marine blue canvas cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- LED Navigation lights - 2014
- LED Masthead anchor and tri-colour lights - 2014
- LED steaming light - 2018
- Liferaft – 10-man cannister liferaft on coachroof stainless steel cradle – last service 2018
- Kannard 406Mhz EPIRB
- 2x Horseshoe buoys with lights
- Offshore danbuoy
- Webbing jackstays
- Mast-mounted radar enhancer
- Throwing line
- First aid kit
- 8x lifejackets with AIS - 2018
- 5x 1kgs ABC fire extinguishers throughout interior
- 1kgs ABC engine space automatic fire extinguisher
- Fire blanket
- Gas & Co2 detectors
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By: