Presented For Sale By:
|Length||43 ft / 13.11 m|
|Location||Hayling Island, Hampshire|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||43 ft 2 in / 13.16 m|
|Length at Water Line||36 ft / 10.97 m|
|Beam||13 ft / 3.96 m|
|Max Draft||6 ft / 1.83 m|
|Min. Draft||6 ft / 1.83 m|
|Displacement (Dry Load)||9299 kg|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Builder||Catalina Yachts, USA|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 185 litres (Stainless Steel)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||3 x 496 litres (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||2 x 80 litres (Plastic)|
The Catalina 42 has a reputation of being a comfortable and reliable medium weight cruising boat with lots of creature comforts and predictable sailing qualities. “Quartet” is one of the last to be imported into the UK and is a well-equipped and maintained example that is ready to sail away.
- The general arrangement has three sleeping cabins all with double beds, a main saloon with an oval table and surround seating that can convert to a further double berth if required.
- Sprung mattresses to all berths
- Webasto warm air heating with outlets in all cabins
- Fully gimballed three burner, gas hob with oven.
- Fully insulated refrigeration compartment with top and side openings and freezer compartment.
- Corian work surfaces with teak storage units.
- Twin stainless sinks with hot and cold pressurised water supply.
- Day heads, electric flush toilet, vanity cupboard, basin with hot & cold pressurise water supply, shower.
- Forward Cabin ensuite heads, electric flush toilet, vanity cupboard, basin with hot & cold pressurise water supply. Door leading to separate shower compartment.
- Lewmar ST54 electric primary sheet winches
- Lewmar ST40 electric Halyard winch to starboard coach roof
- Lewmar ST40 manual, Control line winch to port coach roof
- Selection of winch handles
- Mast foot halyard and control line turning blocks with rope clutches.
- Inner Genoa tracks with roller bearing cars
- Outer Genoa tracks with roller bearing cars
- Main sheet track and tackle across coach top with roller bearing blocks.
- Aluminium frames ventilation hatches above all accommodation’s areas.
- Stainless- steel pulpit & pushpit with observation seats.
- Stainless-steel stanchions with twin life lines and centre gates.
- Stainless-steel handrails and coach roof edge.
- Stainless-steel boarding ladder.
- Custom made waterproof cockpit cushions.
- Teak helm step.
Ground Tackle & mooring bits
- Galvanised steel 16kg Delta anchor with 30m of 8mm galvanised chain.
- Stainless-steel bow roller
- Maxwell electric windlass.
- Large self-drained chain locker
Stainless-steel cleats mounted at the forward, aft and centre sections of the decks.
- Large binnacle mounted compass
- Cockpit remote for VHF
- Raymarine ST60 Wind
- Raymarine ST60 Depth
- Raymarine ST60 Speed/log
- Raymarine Hybrid Multifunction display, GPS, Chart Plotter, AIS, Radar.
- Standard Horizon VHF remote Mic
- Standard Horizon VHF c/w DSC function and AIS
- Raymarine AIS Transponder
- Standard Horizon VHF with AIS and cockpit repeater.
- Raymarine RL80 display
SPARS & SAILS
- Twin spreader aluminium mast
- Shaffer in boom main reefing system
- Fixed Rod kicker
- 1 x 19 Stainless-steel rigging with swaged terminals (Replaced 2016)
- Shaffer headsail furling gear
- Mast mounted spinnaker pole.
- Fully battened main sail (2005)
- 135% Genoa with navy sun blind (2015)
- Asymmetrical spinnaker (2015)
- Yanmar 4JH3BE (56hp) diesel engine with F-N-R gearbox driving a stainless-steel shaft supported by external P strut with a three blades Kiwi feathering propeller. The engine has been annually serviced by the local Yanmar dealer Cutler Marine in Emsworth. Last serviced/winterised in Nov 2019 and not used since. Recorded hours as of Oct 2020 - 791)
- Sleipner Side power 75 12v bow thruster with helm control
- Maxwell 12v electric windlass
- Pedestal wheel steering system with single lever engine control and engine panel.
- 2 x Heavy Duty 180ah service batteries
- 1 x Heavy Duty 180ah Engine Starting, Bow Thruster, Windlass Battery
- Batteries charged by engine alternator and mains battery charger
- Comprehensive 12v switch panel with breaker switches
- Nasa BM1 battery monitors & Voltage, Amps gauges
- Battery Isolators with cross over switch
- Shore line cable with connectors
- 240v ring main with uk outlet sockets in all cabins
- RCD with breaker fuses
- Earth Galvanic Isolator
We purchased “Quartet” new from Windward Yachting the then importer in 2005 and she has been a much-admired vessel where every we have been and we have always been proud owners. She sails well and is a very reassuring craft in strong winds and a heavy sea. She has only been used for family sailing adventures but mostly by myself and my wife and we have sailed her extensively throughout the northern French coast and the south coast of England. Sadly, we have other commitments in life at the moment and can’t see ourselves being able to used her for the next few years and feel its time to sell her.
- Sprayhood in Navy canvas with stainless-steel frame
- Full aft cockpit enclosure with windows and stainless-steel frame
- Boom slot cover
- Cockpit table cover
- Pedestal and helm wheel cover
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By: