Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||45 ft / 13.72 m|
|Location||Rock Hall, Maryland, United States|
|LOA||45 ft / 13.72 m|
|Length at Water Line||37 ft / 11.28 m|
|Beam||13 ft / 3.96 m|
|Max Draft||4 ft / 1.22 m|
|Max Bridge Clearance||58 ft / 17.68 m|
|Cabin Headroom||6 ft / 1.83 m|
|Engine Model||4JH2TE Turbo|
|Builder||Island Packet Yachts|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 140 gal (Aluminium)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 240 gal (Aluminium)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 45 gal (Aluminium)|
WINGS OF THE DAWN IS OFFERED FULLY FITTED FOR OFFSHORE PASSAGES. SHE WAS BROUGHT UP TO THE VERY STRINGENT SAFETY STANDARDS OF THE WORLD CRUISING CLUB FOR RALLY PARTICIPATION AND THE CURRENT OWNERS COMPLETED THE ARC CARIBBEAN 1500 RALLY FROM PORTSMOUTH, VA TO TORTOLA, BVI.
Cruising World Boat of the Year (1996) for both Best Value and Overall Winner for Full-Size Cruiser class.
The Island Packet 45 embodies all the proven attributes that have earned these yachts an international reputation for excellence in cruising yacht design and quality. You will enjoy the very best in exceptional seakeeping, unmatched comfort and livability, superb craftsmanship, and sparkling performance. This 45 is BIG, LUXURIOUS and SPACIOUS with lots of elbow room, storage, and space for living, cruising and entertaining.
OVER $60,000 IN NEW EQUIPMENT, REFURBISHMENT, AND UPGRADES SINCE JULY 0F 2016
At the forepeak is an Anchor Locker accessed thru the forward cabin head. There is a center divider, slanted shelf and houser pipe to keep the chain and rope rodes organized and untangled.
Just aft is the large Forward Owner's Head with shower. It has a new electric marine toilet, shower with seat, large wrap around counter, vanity with polished SS sink, mirror and plenty of storage. There are two opening ports and an opening hatch.
The connected Owner's Cabin follows aft with privacy doors to the head and salon. There is a large Pullman berth to starboard with storage lockers and teak-lined drawers under as well as shelving along the hull side. To port there is additional storage, a large cedar lined hanging locker and teak bureau. There is excellent ventilation with four opening ports, a large opening hatch, and 2 dorados.
Next aft, the large Main Salon has a L-shaped settee to starboard that converts to a double berth. The dining table stores against the bulkhead when not in use. There is a comfortable settee on the port side that can be used as a sea berth. There is storage just about everywhere including under and behind settees with teak cabinets and bookshelves above both settees. Ventilation is excellent with the large overhead hatch, numerous ports, and 2 dorades. For safety, there is an overhead handrail on each side of the salon.
The Nav Station follows aft on the starboard side. It features a large table with chart storage tray, nav light, nav/electronics, cabinets, master 12 Volt and 110 Volt electric panels, storage bins, wet locker and a swivel seat.
The Aft Head is accessible from both the aft cabin and salon. It has a marine toilet, shower with curtain, vanity, sink, mirror and storage. There is an opening port and overhead hatch.
The Aft Cabin is on the port side. There is a double berth, seat, cedar-lined hanging locker, bureau, and a shelf. The cabin has three opening ports and an overhead hatch.
- Cruisair Air Conditioning
- LED lights in the salon (2017)
- New interior upholstery with matching curtains (2017)
- Galley equipment and linens convey with the vessel
The galley is on the starboard side near the companionway steps. This affords easy access to the cockpit and the salon. There is plenty of food storage and dedicated storage for dishes, glasses, pots and pans.
- Princess three-burner gimbaled propane stove with oven
- There are two refurbished propane cylinders, certified through 2022, stored in a dedicated deck locker.
- Norcold 12V refrigerator and freezer
- Electric pump to drain refrigerator
- GE microwave (110V)
- Double stainless steel sinks with a separate freshwater hand pump
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Filtered freshwater at the galley sink
- New hot water heater
- Village Marine water maker 18gph, 110V(serviced 10/2017)
Navigation and Electronics
- ICOM M504 VHF radio at nav station
- Standard Horizon AIS enabled marine VHF at the helm (2017)
- ICOM MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder
- Furuno Radar
- Simrad Robertson AP20 marine autopilot
- Raymarine ST60+ Depth & Speed
- Furuno Navnet GPS chart plotter
- Raymarine wind instrument
- Ritchie compass
- Irridium Go! with marine antenna pack. Capable of worldwide communication using an Apple or Android cell phone
- The aft stay is rigged with SSB aerial, if desired
- Antennas: VHF at masthead with a splitter for VHF/AIS, radar, and GPS are mounted on the backstay. There is also a redundant VHF antenna dedicated to the cockpit VHF mounted on the bimini.
- New LED tricolor/anchor light, steaming light and deck spotlight (2017). The original navigation lights were retained for redundancy
- Recent paper charts with accompanying electronic charts covering the Caribbean and East Coast of the US.
Sails and Rigging
The Island Packet 45 has a versatile and easy to handle sail plan featuring a cutter rig with furling headsails.
- Refurbished mainsail (2017)
- New heavy-duty offshore furling staysail (2017)
- Refurbished furling genoa (2017)
- Rigging: All standing rigging replaced and new chain plates installed by MACK Sails of Stuart, FL (2017)
- New Mack Sails stackpack (2017)
- Keel stepped double spreader Sparcraft Ocean Series anodized aluminum spars
- Mid-boom sheeting
- Mainsheet traveler w 4:1 control system
- Bridge Clearance: Approximately 62' including tip of aerial.
- Sail Area: Approximately 1,100 square feet
Lewmar Ocean Series 8C - Jib halyard winch on mast - Lewmar Ocean Series 24C, 2-speed - Main halyard (on roller bearing masthead sheave) and mainsheet, led to cockpit through stoppers to Lewmar Ocean Series 44 CST winch Jib sheet winches (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 54 CST, 2-speed - Secondary winches (2) Lewmar Ocean Series 16 CST, convenient coaming storage bins for lines
- New Achilles 9' 6" hypalon inflatable dingy (2017). Rolls up and can be stored below deck during offshore passages
- New Torqeedo Travel 1000 electric outboard motor (3.5 HP equivalent) with two batteries
- New DSB six-person ISO 6050 life raft. Accepted by major rally organizations (World Cruising Club). Fully certified with 10 year warranty (2027).
- Lofrans 12V windlass
- 30 kg Bruce anchor with approximately 250' of 3/8" chain
- 45 lbs CQR plow anchor with 15' of 3/4" chain and 300' of 3/4" nylon rode
- New storm drogue (2018)
- Type IV lifesling
- New self-inflating man overboard danbuoy (2017)
- Portable Extinguishers: One Kidde 1A:10B:C and one Kidde 5B:C dry chemical
- Electric horn
- Bilge Pumps: One electric automatic, one hand operated and one electric shower pump
- Current flares
- EXCLUSIONS: Miscellaneous personal effects will not convey with the vessel.
Hull and Deck Features
- Cockpit bimini and a hard dodger
- The bimini canvas was replaced in 2017
- New cockpit table (2017)
- Anchor wash down at bow
- Cockpit shower
- Rack and pinion Steering
- Full keel with keel hung rudder
- All stanchions were removed and professionally rebedded
- New lifelines (2017)
- Welded stainless steel double bow rail and stern rail, stanchions, stern rail with stainless steel flag staff holder and stainless steel staff, welded stainless steel mast rails, extra height stanchions, bow and stern rails - Double lifelines with side gates, full-length teak cabin top hand rails - Stern gate with quick release hook.
- Swim ladder (stainless steel transom mount) with teak steps
- Fishing rod holder
- Outboard lift and mount
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing
- Engine: Yanmar 4JH2-TE 62 HP - four-cylinder turbo (approximately 5,250 hours). RECENT ENGINE SURVEY AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. It received a clean bill of health.
- Prop shaft and propeller removed and refurbished (2017)
- Stuffing box serviced and seals replaced (2017)
- New installation of dual filtration Racor system with on-the-go ability to switch fuel filters. Walbro fuel pump and a vacuum gauge for additional flexibility, facilitating continuous fuel polishing as required under sail or at the dock.
- Batteries: Engine (2017), Generator (2017)
- Fischer Panda 6 KW generator with approximately 1,377 hours (Model # P6000NDPMS)
- AirX wind generator with a new ammeter to monitor charge output
- 315W solar panel mounted over davits with Blue Sky controller (2017)
- Wesmar Bow Thruster (new motor and prop in 2016)
- New water heater (2017)
- Village Marine water maker 18gph, 110V (Serviced 10/2017)
- New macerator
- Forward Raritan head refurbished (2017)
- New electric head in the guest head (2018)
- New fwd head hose, fwd sink hose, propane locker hose, cockpit scupper hoses, holding tank vent hose, galley hose and seacock (2017)
- New holding tank monitor (2017)
- An extensive inventory of tools and spare parts will convey with the vessel
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.