Presented For Sale By:
|Length||48 ft / 14.78 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||48 ft 6 in / 14.78 m|
|Length at Water Line||39 ft 1 in / 11.91 m|
|Beam||14 ft / 4.27 m|
|Min. Draft||7 ft 2 in / 2.19 m|
|Designer||Holman & Pye|
|Builder||Oyster Marine Ltd.|
Super example Oyster 485 - long-term berth holder here in Lymington, UK. The yacht boasts a host of recent updates - sails, mast repaint, generator and upholstery. In commission and while very much at home on the south coast she would be ideal candidate for extended off shore and bluewater cruising. Cutter rigged with in-mast furling making her an easily managed yacht, lots of deck stowage and superb 3-cabin light oak interior. She will prove popular.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Single skin solid GRP hull, hand laid up with balsa sandwich deck.
- Hull white with blue style lines.
- Teak laid decks and cockpit.
- Hull epoxied (2006).
- Skin fittings and stopcocks to holding tank, engine and genset exhaust (2020).
Keel & Rudder:
- Externally bolted high performance lead bulb keel.
- Rudder with stainless stalk mounted on full-length skeg.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins M90 82hp diesel engine.
- Scatra coupling and flexible mounts.
- Perkins spares kit.
- New engine oil cooler and water pump (2019).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Date of Last Service: April 2021.
- New starter motor (2015).
- Starter motor ring gear replaced (2020).
- New engine mounts (2020).
- Engine fuel pump full professional rebuild (2020).
- Gearbox full professional rebuild (2021).
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-blade folding Max prop on stainless shaft.
- New shaft and aquadrive (2019).
- Ambassador rope cutter.
- Wheel steering on pedestal.
- Cable and quadrant.
- Vetus bowthruster.
- New stern gland, cutlass bearings, s/s prop shaft, tide seal and aquadrive (2019).
- 24v system with 220v from shore power and generator.
- 1 x 80amp/hr generator start battery.
- 2 x Varta H3 100Ah 760 CCA engine start batteries (2015).
- 4 x Rolls 6V domestic batteries, 24V/250Ah total (2015).
- Victron24v/50amp charger.
- Battery monitor.
- 1 x 75amp alternator.
- New Fischer Panda P4000s Neo genset (2018).
- 220v ring main with sockets.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 24v pressurised hot and cold water system.
- 1 x Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x Electric bilge pump.
- 1 x Jabsco power pump on main engine.
- Tank tender gauges for both fuel and water.
- Total capacity of 550 litres in 1 x integral GRP tanks.
- Diesel fuel tank professional clean and polish (2021).
- Total capacity of 750 litres in 1 x integral GRP tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Stainless holding tank forwards heads (new 2003).
Note instrumentation upgrades; 3 x Raymarine i70’s to companionway, itc-5, DSC VHF below and binnacle, Raymarine Hybrid Touch es128 chart plotter to binnacle, Glomex Wifi antenna to lower spreader (2018).
- Radar bracket and 18kW HD colour Raymarine radar (2019).
- Echomax to masthead (2019).
- Raymarine 9” hybrid plotter/radar on pedestal.
- 3 x Raymarine I70’s for wind speed and depth.
- Autohelm ST50 rudder indicator.
- Raymarine ST7000 autopilot.
- Raymarie ST50 MULTI.
- VHF cockpit speaker.
At Chart Table:
- Furuno 208N weather fax.
- Autohelm ST7000 autopilot control.
- Autohelm ST50 multi.
- PC data connection and inverter supply.
- Icom ICM 56 VHF.
- Icom SSB ICM 800 Transceiver. Back stay insulators not replaced with new standing rigging, but wiring still in situ.
- VHF cockpit speaker.
- Double stainless sinks.
- GN Espace 4 burner stainless cooker.
- Stainless front opening fridge.
- Electric flush toilets to en-suite and guest heads, including fresh water and sea water inlets (2017).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto DW80 water heating system 5 fan coils.
- Serviced annually.
- Stereo CD player.
- TV antenna to masthead (2019).
- 24v Deckhead and reading lights throughout.
- Mast tricolour and deck floodlight/steaming light replacement including LED lights (2019).
Summary of Accommodation:
- The interior is finished throughout in American light Oak with an oak and holly sole.
- Dark blue alcantara upholstery in the saloon and pale green fabric in the cabins (2007).
- The accommodation comprises six berths in three cabins excluding the saloon.
- New Nauteriors curtains in Sandbanks fabric throughout (2015).
- Lewmar Ocean hatches full refurbishment including acrylic (2017).
- All cabin bunk cushions recovered. Master cabin bunk cushions replaced with memory foam (2018).
- White painted masthead cutter rig.
- Full strip down, sand blast to bare metal, prime and repaint at Berthon of mast, boom and spinnaker pole (2019).
- Mast deck gaiter replacement (2019).
- Renewed all mast cabling (2019).
- Hood stowaway furling on main.
- Harken furling on genoa/yankee.
- Seafurl on staysail.
- Standing rigging replaced 2012.
- Selden vang rebuilt and repainted 2018.
- New dyneema halyards (2018/2019).
- Harken spinnaker pole stowed on mast
- Main traveller full refurbishment and upgrade (2018).
- New racing dyneema main halyard (2018).
- Kicker strut full rebuild and repaint (2018).
- Genoa & staysail halyards in cruising dyneema (2019).
- 2 x Lewmar 62ST primaries.
- 2 x Lewmar 48ST secondary winches.
- 2 x Lewmar St Halyard winches.
- Line tender on mast for spinnaker pole
- Main – Sanders 10oz Vektron, dyneema leech line, sunstrip and luffpad (2017).
- Yankee – Sanders 8.4oz Vektron, sunstrip and luffpad (2017).
- Staysail – Sanders 10oz Vektron, sunstrip and luffpad (2017).
- Lightweight genoa.
- Tri – radial spinnaker with snuffer.
- Cruising chute with snuffer.
- Storm jib.
- Stainless pushpit and pulpit.
- Two x large lockers on the aft cabin top.
- Large transom locker on the aft deck
- Pushpit seats.
- Cockpit table teak.
- Lewmar deck fittings.
- Renewed masthead anemometer and water speed transducer (2017).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- New Lewmar electric windlass with rope and chain gypsies and wireless remote controller at steering binnacle (2018).
- 60lb CQR. New 55m galvanized anchor chain (2017).
- 27kg CQR with 10m chain and 100m warp.
- Warps and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Blue sprayhood.
- Blue canvas bimini.
- Blue canvas steering wheel & binnacle cover.
- Grey boom tent.
- Cockpit cushions.
Tender & Outboard:
- Zodiac cadet 280 rib (2011).
- 4hp Mariner (2011).
- Outboard bracket.
- Whittal ED18s stainless davits.
- Radar reflector on mast.
- Fire extinguishers in each cabin and saloon.
- Fire blanket.
- Gas detector.
- 2 x Horseshoes.
- XM MOB Sling.
- Kim emergency boarding ladder.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By: