Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||26 ft / 7.92 m|
|Location||Canvey Island, Essex|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||26 ft / 7.92 m|
|Beam||9 ft 2 in / 2.8 m|
|Max Draft||3 ft 2 in / 0.98 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
Tollesbury Autumn Used Boat Show Sat & Sun 6th & 7th October at Tollesbury Marina, Essex!
1980, Mark I, twin keel, roomy layout with 5 berths in 2 cabins, Volvo 10hp inboard diesel, standing headroom, Ed Dubois design, lovely boat to sail.
Built in 1980. GRP construction with twin bilge keels, transom hung rudder, self draining aft cockpit with tiller steering, masthead Bermudan sloop rig and 5/6 berths in 2 cabins with headroom of around 6ft.
Designed by Ed Dubois and built by Westerly Marine Construction. Hull Reg No 343079.
LOA 26' 00" (7.9m)
Beam 9' 3" (2.8m)
Draft 3' 3" (1.0m)
Headroom 6ft approx
SAILS and RIG:
Slab reefing mainsail with mainsail cover. Genoa roller reefing system (TAB) with furling No 1 Genoa. Spinnaker. Alloy mast and spars and stainless steel standing rigging. Standing rigging was renewed in approx 2005.
Volvo 2010 10HP inboard diesel engine with freshwater heat exchanger. Engine was new approximately 1999.
10 gallon fuel tank. Shaft drive to 3 blade fixed propeller (new 2010). Alternator charging to 2 x 12 volt batteries (one new 2010). Cruising speed under engine is around 5 knots with a maximum speed of around 6 knots.
Stainless steel pushpit, pulpit and guardwires, sprayhood and dodgers (new 2010), boarding ladder, tiller, spinnaker pole, 2 sheet winches, 2 halyard winches, Plough main anchor with chain, kedge anchor with chain, various mooring warps and fenders.
Compass, echo sounder, DSC VHF radio, Lowrance Globalmap 3500 Chart Plotter, windvane at masthead, navigation lights, steaming light and tri colour masthead light.
Jackstay lifelines, danbuoy, lifebuoy, safety harnesses, distress flares (date not guaranteed), fire extinguisher, wire cutters, manual bilge pump.
Her galley has a Flavel gas cooker with 2 burners and grill, water supply to the sink is from a 10 gallon stainless steel water tank. Her separate heads compartment has a marine toilet (new 2010) and wash basin, blue vinyl upholstery.
She has 5/6 berths including 2 “V” berths in the forecabin, a fold down table in the saloon with single settee berth port and starboard, one of which coverts to a double berth with a further single quarter berth to port.
“Zigzag” was purchased by her current owner in 2010 and various improvements have been made as follows;
IMPROVEMENTS TO ZIG ZAG FROM 2010
1. New Propeller
2. New Anode.
3. Seal renewed between keels and hull.
4. Keels wire brushed to metal and primed each season.
5. Anti fouled each season.
6. Hull polished
7. Glass fibre reinforcement repair to one keel near bulkhead.
8 Installed LED lights and wiring to galley and throughout.
8. Replaced service battery.
9. Replaced keys and socket fittings to the service battery main board.
10. Stripped and heavy insulated and renewed head lining.
11. Fitted curtains.
12. Rubbed down and re-varnished much interior woodwork.
13. Fitted new WC. Fitted new pipes to all water fittings.
14. Replaced all gas pipes in copper fitted an internal safety valve and acquired certification.
15. Shore power installed with three pin electric plugs, fuse box and shore cable.
16. Replaced head gasket and carried out full service.
17. Renewed all service parts and bought spares.
18. Renewed choke cable.
19. Fixed fuel leak.
20 Full service each year.
21. Reduced stern gland leak.
22. Repainted non slip deck.
23. Rubbed down and re-oiled all timber.
24. Cleaned and polished all fibreglass. Now due again
25. Bought and installed new spray hood and frame.
26. Bought and installed new dodgers.
27. Bought new fenders.
28. Bought new mooring strops.
Running Rigging Sails & Lights.
29. Renewed all halyards & spinnaker sheets and fittings.
30. Overhauled furling genoa and replaced reef line.
31. Professionally cleaned sails & boom cover– novo sails.
32. Repaired foresail.
33. Replaced all failed lights.
34. Bought and fitted new fire extinguishers and fire blanket.
35. Bought new flares, bolt croppers, lifebelt, and bungs.
36. Obtained marine survey in 2010.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.