Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||57 ft / 17.37 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||56 ft 9 in / 17.3 m|
|Length at Water Line||49 ft 3 in / 15.01 m|
|Beam||15 ft 5 in / 4.7 m|
|Max Draft||8 ft 10 in / 2.7 m|
|Min. Draft||8 ft 10 in / 2.69 m|
A proper little ship, from Holland, which has recently been massively refitted for a trip Down under, which is now on hold. Push button Rondal furling rig, new paint, sorted engine room, new generator and totally upgraded interior. This Van Dam Nordia 57 comes with a great pilothouse for ocean sailing and with her strong metal construction, she is the perfect conveyance for high latitude or pacific cruising.
WILLOWTARN was built by Nordia to Dutch 100A+ in Holland in 1980.
The design was a combined effort between the very experienced owner and Van Dam to produce a very capable bluewater cruising yacht without loss of performance. This being the third vessel for the owner, a good deal of evolutionary experience had gone into her, proved with two circumnavigations.
In 2003, the vessel being tired, underwent a full rebuild - replacing much of her underwater areas, a new deck and full modernisation of her systems, hatches etc. by Rondal.
WILLOWTARN is a tall rigged ketch with both outside helm and pilothouse helming position which is a real benefit in bad weather.
Below the water her traditional long keel and 2.7m draft keeps her tracking in all conditions.
A well-protected propeller (upgraded 2019) and 250hp Cummins engine gives WILLOWTARN a good turn of speed of about 9 knots. Manoeuvring being greatly aided with a powerful bow thruster.
The teak laid decks are in very good condition with no visible wear.
All hatches were upgraded with Rondal flush deck units - two large over the saloon and one in each of the cabins giving good ventilation and exit routes if required. Fore peak has a further large hatch for access to sail store. All hatches are fitted with gas struts.
Her sails are in good serviceable condition and comprise of a main and mizzen, cutter jib, storm jib, spinnaker in snubber tube, roller cruising shute and mizzen staysail.
WILLOWTARN is well rigged for plenty of power. She has a ketch rigged Rondal hydraulic in mast furling system all - operated from aft. The main mast is twin spreader.
The vessel is provided with 3 ample anchors and electric Francis windlass with single Gypsy and chain, an additional full chain is stored in the bilge if required.
WILLOWTARN is a fine classic sailing yacht, from a good stable, which due to a major refit has been brought fully up to standard.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Fully welded steel hull and superstructure.
- Fully faired dark blue hull - Dutch steelwork.
- With 16 recessed heavy-duty ports providing both vista and ventilation when on mooring.
- Fine raked bow with transom stern and an awlgrip paint job.
- The whole rig was stripped and awlgrip painted 2017.
- Teak laid decks.
Keel & Rudder:
- Integral keel with hull; long keel with rudder – and extension of this.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Cummins 6BTA 250hp.
- Newage prm 402 gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine last serviced 2018.
- Cruising Speed – Approx. 8 to 9 knots.
- Maximum Speed – 10 knots.
- Fuel Consumption at Cruising Speed – 3 ½ /4 gallons per hour. 15 to 18 litres.
- Range @ Cruising Speed – 900nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Fixed 3-bladed propeller – oil filled shaft (2019).
- Two station steering; hydraulic to twin ram rudder.
- The outside helm position with find teak wheel is right aft, with full sailing instrumentation and bow thruster controls.
- 24V ship systems; lighting etc.
- Ring main 240V; AC, watermaker etc.
- From generator and shorepower.
- Service battery – sealed 700 amp/hr 24V.
- Engine start 150 amp/hr 12V.
- Generator 12V 60 amp/hr.
- Service battery charger 60 amp.
- Engine battery charger 30 amp, plus engine alternator.
- Generator charged from engine.
- Engine alternator.
- Engine service battery alternator.
- Generator alternator.
- A new Northern Lights 7 KVA generator is fitted to port in a sound shield.
- Generator new 2017, regular oil changes.
- Generator Hours – c. 294.
- Cable with socket in cockpit.
- Extension with connectors.
- Hydraulics power packs.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Twin pump pressure water system 24V.
- Feeding fore & aft head, shower and galley.
- Heat provided by calorifer, main engine and immersion system 240V
- Sea Quencher watermaker 240V.
- Large Jabsco on clutch main engine.
- Twin 24V pumps all on valved draw system through yacht.
- Main tank 1,900 litres.
- Small tank 800 litres.
- Water tank 2,250 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 90 litre plastic tank with pump out on deck, and pump to sea.
- Raymarine Chart Plotter/Radar.
- Furuno GPS.
- Furuno Navtex.
- Raymarine Depth.
- 360 Wind Nav. Data.
- Pilot Control
- Echo Pilot Sonar.
At chart table:
- Icom IC-323G VHF.
- Icom IC-323G VHF.
- Ocean Signal EPIRB.
- SIMRAD GMDSS handheld.
- Double deep sink.
- “Tecmar” electric heads are installed in both heads.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning installed.
- A television is mounted on a raising unit in the saloon counter top, positioned for easy viewing from the seating area.
- All bunks provided with fans reading lights, all with new upholstery.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Forepeak twin bunk cabin.
- Heads compartment with shower.
- Port and starboard twin cabin with bunks.
- Main saloon and galley to starboard.
- Passage door to engine room.
- Aft double with head and shower to port.
Description of layout:
- Her accommodation comprises of full width saloon with seating area for about 8 around folding table on the port side.
- Outboard of this is a pilot berth.
- To starboard is an office area behind which is a well-equipped galley with new force fore cooker, microwave , double deep sink etc.
- The lighting gives good multi ambiance for all occasions.
- Although the vessel is fully air-conditioned there are two large opening hatches in the deck head giving good light and ventilation.
- The full electrical panel is mounted behind door on forward bulkhead.
- Forward of the saloon are port and starboard guest cabins both with good size bunk beds.
- Ample locker space.
- Forward again to port is a head and shower.
- The forepeak while a useful toy and sail store with a large access hatch above is fitted out with twin bunks, lockers etc.
- Aft of the saloon is a large master cabin with a generous double bunk, split for individual sea going lee cloths.
- Above the bunk is a forward facing flush hatch providing good ventilation and emergency access route.
- Several lockers are provided with a desk and vanity.
- The cabin is individually fully air-conditioned.
- To port is a large head and shower with folding enclosure.
- Aft accessed from a large deck hatch.
- Good size lazerette locker fitted with a new dive compressor.
- This is also the location of the double ram hydraulic steering system.
- A good size fully enclosed deckhouse has all the navigation equipment; chart plotter/GPS/radar, GPS, forward facing sounder, depth meter, navtex and VHF radio.
- Full engine controls, steering and generator controls.
- Good visibility and clear screens for bad weather.
- Seating on starboard side.
- Ketch with Rondal masts with furling hydraulics.
- Genoa hydraulic furling.
- Re-rigging 2013.
- The mast is provided with twin booms for trade wind cruising.
- Twin hydraulic Lewmar 65 primary.
- Twin Lewmar 55 manual self-tailing winches.
- Mast 1 x Lewmar 44, 1 x Lewmar 37 and 2 x Lewmar 30.
- Lewmar 44 ST on foredeck.
- Furling main.
- Furling mizzen.
- Mizzen staysail.
- All hatches upgraded with Rondal flush deck units - two large over the saloon and one in each of the cabins giving good ventilation and exit routes if required.
- Fore peak has a further large hatch for access to sail store. All hatches are fitted with gas struts.
- Outside a folding alfresco table with seating port and starboard under the mizzen mast.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Main anchor plought 75lb on full chain to 24V windlass.
- 2nd Plough approx. 50lb with full chain in bilge.
- 3rd Bruce anchor 20KG with chain and warp.
- Electric Francis windlass
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Covers for wheel pedestal, seating and table.
Tender & Outboard:
- Avon 3.5m RIB on davits.
- New 2019 Yamaha 9.9 outboard.
- Emersion suits.
- Life jackets.
- EPIRB SART.
- Approx. 5 fire extinguishers on-board.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By: