Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||60 ft / 18.29 m|
|LOA||60 ft / 18.29 m|
|Beam||12 ft / 3.66 m|
|Engine Model||14-70 (70hp)|
|Engine usage (hours)||350|
|Designer||Barrus Shire YANMAR|
This is an off grid house boat 60ft x 12ft build bespoke in 2015 for comfort with as much as possible self-sufficiency.
- The lounge can seat 6-8 comfortably with room for large table and chairs and a sofabed. It is heated by a 6kw wood burner.
- A good size shower room big enough for two with loads of hot water and a flushing toilet
- A treatment plant which treats all the grey water and only needs pumping out every 2-3 years.
- A water tank that holds approximately 1200 litres all pumped with 3 bars pressure.
- A kitchen come wheel house with a normal kitchen sink and twin oven and 4 ring gas cooker, microwave, fridge freezer and enough storage space for plates, glasses, cookware and food to cook for a big party.
- A large bedroom that fits a king size bed and space down each side, fitted with chests of drawers and a large fitted wardrobe with sliding mirror glass.
- At the rear of the boat there is a seating area and log store, a steel locker which houses 2 x 19kg gas bottles and a Potterton combi gas boiler which provides central heating and hot water.
- The boat is insulated with 40-50mm spray foam over all metal surfaces inside and 25mm below the floor much more the usual to prevent cold spots and condensation.
- The PVC windows make for good ventilation and visibility and low maintenance.
- A large 8ft x 4 ft motorised opening window in the roof for ventilation and furniture access.
- The boat is powered by 70hp YANMAR, hydraulic steering and controls in the wheelhouse with a bow thruster to help with manoeuvrability.
- The hull was sand blasted to remove mill scale, then primed with hempel two pot paint and finished below the water line with a further two coats of epoxy pitch and coats on the bottom. There are also six large anodes around the hull and one small anode on the rudder.
- Fitted with all navigation lights for travelling and mooring, and VHF radio.
- Smoke, carbon monoxide, heat and gas alarms fitted and two fire extinguishers front and aft.
- Electrics are supplied by six large solar panels, Rutland 914 wind charger stored in a bank of batteries which can also be charged by 50 amp alternator from engine or plug in to land supply.
Tax status Tax exempt
Vessel type Wide beam barge with wheel house
Builder Dave Clarke Boat Builders
Length 60 ft
Beam 12 ft
Year constructed 2015
Engine Barrus Shire YANMAR
Engine model 14-70 (70 hp)
Fuel type Diesel
Bow thruster Vetus BOW 9512D Ø 185mm
Steering Vetus Hydraulic Steering Systems
Winch CJ at Brighton
Specification inside boat
Vitron Energy Multi Plus Compact 12v 2000 VA 80 AMP
Inverter 23 OV 30 A
A bank of 4 batteries x 236 AH
Supplied by 6 large solar panels and 914 wind charger, all supplied by Martec
Treatment tank – designed with Victor Marine and myself, stainless welding by Jed