Advert updated on 8th March 2023.
“Crystal” is an excellent example of a Moody 31 Mk2, registered in January 1986. She is a rare wheel-helm, bilge keel variant, with a very shallow draft; she has been much upgraded over the course of her life and boasts the following: a new engine, a digital chart plotter, smart navigation system, auto helm, VHF, AIS, GPS, above-and-below decks sound system and a diesel powered hot-air heating system. She is registered on the Lloyds of London’s Shipping Register and on the UK Small Ships Register.
Crystal is currently undergoing works to replace her engine mounting brackets and their packing, which have worn due to reasonable wear and tear during use. Her propeller shaft, PSS and coupling are also being inspected and maintained. She is also undergoing a full engine service, including: an engine bay clean and repaint, oils and lubricants drained and replaced, filters changed, engine belts changed, anode replaced and a new impeller kit installed. These works will be finished before the end of March 2023 and on completion Crystal will be fit to enter the water and get underway for the upcoming season.
The works listed above are being undertaken at the current owner’s expense. The price listed (£29,995) includes the works, with formal evidence of completion provided to the buyer. The vendor desires a prompt sale, due to overseas work commitments. The vendor proposes to use the Royal Yachting Association’s (RYA) approved contract framework for the sale of the vessel.
The vessel is laying ashore on hard-standing for the winter in the vicinity of Bosham, in Chichester Harbour. Further details are available on request.
Crystal’s technical specifications are:
· Beam: 3.2m.
· Draught: 1.1m.
· Length: 9.45m.
· Engine: Yanmar 30Hp.
· Keel: Bilge keel.
· Steering: Wheel-helm, with a fixed tiller arrangement as a reserve.
The following bullet points provide a history of the vessel. All owners can be evidence by respective Bills of Sale and payment of VAT at original purchase is provided.
· December 1985: Production complete by Marine Projects Ltd, Devon, on behalf of Moody Yachts Ltd.
· January 1986: Registered with first owner.
· May 2001: Sold to second owner.
· October 2016: Sold to third owner.
· April 2020: Sold to fourth owner (current).
Recent major refit items include:
· Original 1985 engine was a Volvo Penta (No.FL13908).
· Current engine installed in 2002 is a Yanmar 3GM30F (30Hp).
· October 2005: All standing rigging replaced.
· March 2016: Engine full service and all perishable items replaced.
· Oct 2017: Bow and stern cabin windows replaced. Main hatch windows replaced.
· Nov 2018: Sea toilet and cooker replaced.
· Oct 2019: Diesel-powered, hot-air heating system installed in all cabins.
· Jan 2020: Solar panel, charging system and battery management system installed.
· May 2022: Mast stepped, standing rigging and ropes all taken down. Inspection, maintenance and refit.
· Mar 2023: Engine mounting brackets and their packing replaced. Propeller shaft, PSS and coupling inspected and maintained. Full engine service completed, including: engine bay clean and repaint, oils and lubricants drained and replaced, filters changed, engine belts changed, anode replaced and a new impeller kit installed.