Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Model||62 Deck Saloon|
|Length||63 ft / 19.2 m|
|Location||Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States|
|LOA||63 ft 4 in / 19.3 m|
|Length at Water Line||54 ft 11 in / 16.74 m|
|Beam||17 ft 8 in / 5.39 m|
|Max Draft||8 ft 11 in / 2.72 m|
|Engine Model||Sabre M185C|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
|Propeller Type||4 Blade|
|Designer||Rob Humphreys/Oyster Design Team|
|Fuel Tanks||528 gal (GRP)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||330 gal (GRP)|
GRETEL is the most recent Oyster 62 built. She features the modern “curved” deck saloon window styling not found on older models. Her construction is of single skin, hand-laid fiberglass with epoxy-laid teak decks. The four-cabin interior is crown-cut oak joinery, which is both durable and bright. She had many upgrades in 2014 when she was purchased by her current owners.
On decks, GRETEL is easy to operate, thanks to a Formula in-mast furling spar, Reckmann hydraulic staysail, Reckmann hydraulic yankee, and electric winches. She is rugged, safe and a tremendous load carrier for long-distance cruising.
Below decks, GRETEL has all the amenities for extended living aboard: Air con, generator, water maker, AC, washer/dryer, dishwasher, electric heads, TV/DVD, huge refrigeration capacity, and sound system.
Often referred to as “The Oyster 56 on steroids”, the Oyster 62 is a knockout performance design with excellent sea-keeping ability and speeds in the 9kt range under power or sail.
GRETEL is easy to see in Portsmouth RI. Trades considered.
Items in “Italics” indicate non-standard optional extras.
GRP hull is laid-up single skin with structural stringers and floors to Lloyds-approved design specification. Category A – ‘Ocean’. White hull with cove line and double boot top lines in blue. The stern design incorporates a bathing platform trimmed with teak slats and stainless steel steps for access to the stern deck.
High performance bulb (HPB) external lead keel
Fully protected skeg-hung rudder
- Deck structure in GRP with balsa core
- Teak laid decks
- Oyster deck saloon profile with ‘G5’ styling
- Bulwark finished with varnished teak capping rail with stainless steel fairleads
- Stainless steel mooring and cockpit cleats, and pair of additional stainless steel mooring cleats for use with stern fairleads
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, and gateway midship stanchions
- Stainless steel hinged boarding ladder, including teak treads in two transom step rungs
- Gate to pushpit
- Stainless steel grabrails atop deck saloon
- Stainless steel mast guards
- Liferaft stowage in lazarette
- Quarter seats on pushpit in teak and stainless steel
- Stowage compartment at forward end of anchor locker for kedge warp and chain stowage
- Lazarette locker with twin stainless steel gas struts, including custom stowage
- Gas locker
- Whitlock torque rod system with a pair of pedestals, each with a 1.02 m diameter stainless steel wheel
- Whitlock leather wheel cover, including spokes
- Eight berths in four cabins, excluding the saloon
- Interior joinery finished in quarter cut oak
- Essential features include sculpted fiddles and grabrails, ‘shadow-gap’ joints between panels and Oyster custom knobs for lockers and drawers
- Soleboards are oak with a teak inlay stripe.
- Surfaces in galley are Avonite with upstands – color: Dark Roast
- Heads are Avonite – color: Teal Steel
- Headlining in off-white vinyl
- Leather upholstery
- Lee cloths on sea berths
- Oceanair Skysol blinds to all hullport and coachroof portlights
- Skysol blinds in saloon
- Oceanair screens to all standard hatches. Oceanair skyscreen under both Lewmar hatches in aft cabin
- White Hella fans
Forward Sail Locker
Access via deck hatch and portside cabin. Locker storage. Utilitarian finish on port side, suitable for a vice.
Forward Port Cabin
To port with upper and lower berths and hanging locker. Door to forepeak area.
Forward Port Head
With PAR quiet flush WC (new 2014), washbasin and separate shower stall. Avonite washbasin surrounds. Hans Grohe mixer tap and shower. Lockers and mirror. Doubles as a ‘day head’ with access from the saloon.
To starboard with double berth, with hanging locker and stowage.
Guest Cabin Ensuite Head
To starboard with PAR quiet flush WC (new 2014), washbasin and separate shower stall. Avonite washbasin surrounds. Hans Grohe mixer tap and shower. Lockers and mirror.
To port at forward end of the saloon with stowage for charts and books. Fixed chart table seat. Chart table can accommodate a half-folded Admiralty chart. Bookshelf forward.
Features oval table and settee to starboard, outboard of which are two lockers and a central shelf to the hullport. Vertical wine stowage in base of table. Locker forward with glass stowage.
To port is a bench type seat, lockers and a central shelf to the hullport. The saloon table top has a quarter cut oak veneer top, clamshell type, center fold-away section, with (2) handholds in table edge.
Aft Starboard Cabin
Upper and lower berths with vanity unit beside lower berth and hanging locker. Machinery room doors.
- Force 10 stainless steel propane stove (2014) with (4) burners, grill and oven, including lid over top
- Trident Marine gas control system (2014)
- Sharp stainless steel microwave (2014)
- Stainless steel refrigerator and top-opening freezer
- Dishwasher: Fisher and Paykel single dish-drawer with timber face (2014)
- Twin stainless steel sinks and Seafresh water-purifying charcoal filter on cold water supply
- Countertops in Avonite with upstands
- Lockers and slide-out wire baskets in lower cupboard between fridge and stove
Aft with a double berth offset from the centerline to port, with swivel chair and desk outboard on starboard side, large hanging locker, abundant drawer and locker space. Batten system beneath berth mattresses for added comfort and ventilation.
Owner’s Stateroom Ensuite Head
With PAR quiet flush WC (new 2014), washbasin and separate shower stall. Avonite washbasin surrounds. Hans Grohe mixer tap and shower. Lockers and mirror.
- Samsung 32” Smart LCD TV on lift (2014)
- KVH Tracvision HD7 Sat TV (2015)
- KVH Tracvision control system (2015)
- Elan S86A multi-room AV controller (2014)
- Sirius sat radio receiver (2014)
- Cisco wireless router (2014)
- PF power distributions system (2014)
- Direct TV and HD DVR (2015)
- Pony PS3 gaming system
- Alpine speakers
- CQR anchor 34 kg including 100 m of 12 mm calibrated, galvanized chain
- Lewmar Heavy Duty Ocean 3000 vertical capstan-type hydraulic windlass
- Lewmar alloy-framed deck hatches
- Long Gebo coachport in cockpit to galley and to midship starboard cabin
- Alloy-framed Gebo opening hullports
By Lewmar - all self-tailing:
- (2) 66 CEST, two-speed, electric, primary winches
- (1) 54 CEST, single-speed, electric, mainsheet winch
- (2) 54 CST secondary winches
- (1) 54 CST two-speed, genoa and staysail halyard winch fitted on mast
- (1) 54 CST manual, single-speed, main halyard winch fitted on mast
- (1) 30 CST two-speed, mainsheet traveller control line winch
Simpson S300 stainless steel davits
Deck Equipment – General
- Cockpit table – teak and stainless steel, gloss-varnish finish, with Frigomatic DC refrigeration, keel-cooled unit
- Cockpit cushions
- Foredeck sunpad
- Helmseat backrests – Sunbrella, color: Pastel Mint
- Pair of double stainless steel mug holders on outboard edge of steering pedestals
- Stainless steel bathing ladder
- Hot and cold freshwater deck shower at transom
- Vertical drop-down, acrylic washboard with shockcord system for main companionway hatch
- Dodger to main companionway, Sunbrella Plus – color: Toast, including roll-up central window, zipped edges and retaining straps, including leather cover to top of dodger rear rail. New glass replaced (2015)
- Bimini, including cover for stowage, color: Toast, including (2) windows for helm to view mainsail and one window for boom light
- Connector for bimini to dodger
- Cockpit table cover with separate lift-up flaps for access to drinks refrigerator within
- Covers for pedestals and wheels
- Foam-backed vinyl cover to saloon table
RIG and SAIL HANDLING
Mast and Rigging
- Formula in-mast hydraulic furling main mast, cutter rigged
- Hydraulic reversing outhaul for Formula boom
- Navtec -040 hydraulic vang
- (2) Sailtec hydraulic backstay tensioners (2014)
- Backstay isolators (2014)
- Jumper strut on mast (negates need for running backstays)
- Reckmann hydraulic furling headstay
- Reckmann hydraulic furling staysail
Spinnaker package – Carbon pole stowed vertically on mast. Package includes chainplates, deck fittings, butt hoist winch, halyard, pole topping lift, fore guy, pair sheets, guys and all required blocks and fittings.
- Dolphin Sails UK – mainsail in Pentex Cruise laminate to a tri-radial design
- Doyle Sails yankee (2013)
- Doyle Sails staysail
- HOOD Spinnaker MPS
Perkins / Sabre M185C 187 HP. 980 engine hours (June, 2017)
Brunton Varifold 4-bladed, 660 mm (26”) folding propeller. Ambassador rope cutter on prop shaft.
- 40A 24V alternator for start battery charging
- Mastervolt 150A 24V high-output alternator for domestic battery charging
- Alternator for generator start battery
Onan MDKAV generator 13.5 kW with 86 hrs. (2015)
MaxPower tunnel bowthruster CT325 18 hp
Lewmar Commander 400 (four-function twin motor hydraulic power pack), to operate headsail furling, staysail furling, windlass, mainsail furling, and mainsail outhaul.
(4) Cruisair aircon units, consisting of: (2) 16,000 BTU saloon – starboard, one ducted to starboard side cabin, (1) 12,000 BTU aft cabin, and (1) 16,000 BTU unit with (2) remote air handlers for forward cabins. New circulation pump (2014).
- Frigomatic 24V keel-cooled refrigeration units for front-opening fridge and top-opening freezer
- Frigomatic 24V keel-cooled refrigeration unit for cockpit table icebox
Splendide washer with vented dryer (2015)
Spectra watermaker Newport 1000 MkII (2014)
TANKAGE and PLUMBING
- 528 Gallons (2,000 liters) in two GRP tanks
- Fuel transfer pump (2014)
- Pressurized hot and cold freshwater system
- 330 Gallons (1,250 liters) in two GRP tanks
- Freshwater pump (2014)
- Grey water pumps (2014)
- Tank tender gauges
From an insulated 19-gallon (73 liter) tank heated by the engine’s heat exchanger, or by thermostatically-controlled 220V immersion heater elements powered by the generator or dockside power.
- Polypropylene gravity discharge holding tanks to all heads
- Electric Whale “Gulper” pumps
- Wema gauges
Stainless steel manifold to minimize thru-hulls
Ship’s DC Supply
- 220V/110V AC
- Breaker panel (new 2013)
- Domestic: (4) 6V x Rolls Surrette (2013)
- Engine & Generator start: (6) 24V Optima RedTop AGM (2015)
- Bow thruster (4) 24V Optima high-performance RedTop AGM (2015)
- Mastervolt System Manager Panel – battery meter and remote panel
- Mastervolt MASS 24V 100A battery charger, and additional MASS 24V 100A battery charger
- Mastervolt Charge Master 24V 20 amp designated charger for thruster batteries (2015)
- Mastervolt BTM1 and C3-RS charger controller
- Domestic / Engine battery bank ‘emergency link’
(2) Mastervolt 24V 2500W inverters
- 220V Inlet
- 110V Inlet
- Charles IsoBoost 50 Isolation transformer
- LED lighting in polished chrome finish
- Reading light for each berth
- Red “courtesy” light at sole level, (3) for each step
- Boom light over cockpit
- Spreader lights (down) on lower spreaders
- Cantalupi cool white LED waterproof lights, (4) in forward cockpit, (2) in helm cockpit
- Aqua signal 32 LED bow, stern and steaming lights
- Tri-white navigation and anchor light at masthead
NAVIGATION and COMMUNICATION
(2) S.I.R.S. Major 150 mm
- Raymarine ST70 for speed, wind, depth etc, with (3) instrument heads at companionway console
- (3) Raymarine ST70 multi-function displays: One at chart table and one at each pedestal
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch Radar/Plotter/Display at Stbd Helm (2014)
- Raymarine Hybrid Touch Radar/Plotter/Display at Nav Station (2014)
- Raymarine 4 kW dome on mast 2014
- AIS transponder 2014
Raymarine Autopilot with ST6002 control head – ST70 Autopilot flush-mounted on port pedestal. Raymarine Smart Pilot remote control with cradle at chart table.
Windex at masthead
- Icom IC-M604 VHF at nav station (2014)
- Icom RAM mic at port pedestal
Echomax 230r radar reflector on mast
- (2) Electric bilge pumps (2014)
- Henderson MkV manual bilge pump
- White Ocean Safety horseshoe buoy
- Emergency tiller
- Dry powder fire extinguishers
- Seafire - automatic fire extinguisher system with remote indicator light in engine bay
Bilge high water alarm at pedestal
- Warps and fenders
- Assorted spares and manuals
The owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.