Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||46 ft / 14.15 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||46 ft 5 in / 14.15 m|
|Length at Water Line||39 ft 4 in / 12 m|
|Beam||13 ft 7 in / 4.15 m|
|Max Draft||6 ft 9 in / 2.06 m|
|Min. Draft||6 ft 9 in / 2.06 m|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||2150|
|Maximum Speed||8.5 kn @ 2750 RPM|
|Cruising Speed||7.5 kn @ 2400 RPM|
|Builder||Princess Yachts International|
|Fuel Tanks||431 litres (Stainless Steel)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||636 litres (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||110 litres|
Fantastically well-equipped example of the very popular Bill Dixon designed Moody 47 centre cockpit blue water cruising yacht. Offering the ideal combination of performance, comfort and capability. MAXIMILIAN is a yacht very well-known to us here at Grabau International.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Built as one of the highest specified Moody 47’s and with the benefit of very high quality interior teak joinery, MAXIMILIAN has always been a very special yacht.
Very well known to us here at Grabau International, she was sold by our company MD from her first owner and then through all her subsequent ownerships through to her present fourth ownership. In her first three ownerships, MAXIMILIAN was based in and around the Solent covering very few miles and hours on her systems. Upon sale to her current owners in 2010, she has just 560hrs on her Yanmar 78hp engine.
In her present ownership, MAXMILIAN has enjoyed the cruising she was built for, having spent her seasons cruising around the Mediterranean in total comfort and safety. Boasting one of the biggest specifications we have ever seen on a Moody 47, her highlights include:-
- 3-cabin, 2-head layout with fantastic owner’s cabin aft and VIP cabins forward.
- 2.06m draft keel for great windward performance
- Full-time cutter rig with furling yankee and self-tacking staysail
- Inmast furling mainsail
- Furling cruising chute
- Upgraded electric winch package
- White hull topsides (more colour-stable than dark blue)
- Teak decks
- Davits with tender and outboard
- Wind generator and solar panels
- Solid spray-screen plus large bimini
- Eberspacher hot-water cabin heating system
- Washing machine
- Fridge and freezers
- LCD TV
- Raymarine navigation instruments with 3x radar/chart plotter displays
- SSB with insulated backstay
Continually updated and refined by her current owners, MAXIMILIAN is now offered for sale at a very competitive price as her owners now wish to move on to new projects. MAXIMILIAN is UK VAT-paid and Part 1 British Registered.
Maximilian was designed by Bill Dixon and built in Plymouth, UK for Moody Yachts International Ltd. She was commissioned in late 2002 and is one of the highest specification 47's built which includes many extras such as full air conditioning, generator, water maker and washing machine. She has been lovingly maintained and upgraded by her present owners making her the perfect 'go anywhere' cruising yacht. Currently based in Greece, Max has spent 2017 cruising the beautiful Peloponnese and Ionian islands.
Opting for a lifestyle change in 2010 we found Maximilian and have loved cruising aboard for the last seven years as we have sailed from the UK to Turkey. We have spent our years exploring stunning cruising grounds, from the bracing Atlantic to the sun kissed Mediterranean.
With head turning lines we have enjoyed compliments wherever we have been whilst Max has given us a comfortable and elegant lifestyle on board. Much loved and meticulously maintained Max has been our safe haven for this adventure.
From sailing to new countries, tasting different cultures, meeting the locals and making international cruising friends, anchoring in secluded bays to mooring on town quays we have enjoyed all that the cruising life has offered. However, the time has come for Max to look for new owners with an adventurous spirit and a love of life to continue this journey.
Like its sisters, the 54 and the 64, the Moody 47 is capable of very fast passage times thanks to its long waterline and efficient hull shape. Handling this yacht is very easy and well within the capabilities of a couple sailing on their own. All Moodys are specified with a high level of equipment as standard to ensure that shorthanded sailing presents no problems and the 47 has a furling main and genoa. The long, and very comfortable cockpit is protected by a stainless steel framed windscreen or owners can opt for a GRP dog house which can be fitted with a complete cockpit tent
- Our understanding is that the yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-Ocean.
- Hand laid glassfibre construction with isophthalic gelcoat backed by initial lay up of powder bound mat and isophthalic resin
- Hull topsides above waterline balsa cored sandwich construction for light weight and increased stiffness
- Hull stiffened by bonded in frames and stringers in conjunction with semi structural internal mouldings
- Transom includes hinging transom door/swimming platform with electro hydraulic powered up and down functions
- White gelcoat hull.
- Inset cavita line in topsides
- Navy blue painted boot top and waterline
- Coppercoat multiyear antifouling system - 2011
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck areas with integrally moulded in non slip finish in addition to swept laid teak deck to ring deck and forward coachroof
- Teak in cockpit seating and sole replaced 2014
- Deck areas stiffened with balsa core with plywood backing pads in way of deck fittings
- Deck edge incorporates raised bulwark with teak cap rail
Keel & Rudder:
- Iron bolted fin keel
- Semi-balanced GRP rudder with half-depth skeg and stainless steel stock
- Rudder out May 2008, bearing and seals replaced
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH3-TE 78hp 4-cylinder turbo charged diesel engine
- Freshwater cooling via sea-water inlet and heat exchanger to closed freshwater cooling circuit
- Drive via reduction gearbox
- Engine instrument panel mounted in cockpit
- Fuel supply from tank fitted with manual remote fuel shut off cock
- Sound insulated engine compartment
- Thermostatically controlled blown ventilation to engine space
- Separ fuel/water filter
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: Estimated 2,150 hours as of April 2018
- Engine serviced annually with addition oil and filter changes every 150hrs
- Date of last engine service – October 2017
- Cruising speed: 7.5 knots @ 2400rpm 4ltrs/hr
- Maximum speed: 8.5knots @ 2750rpm
- Range @ cruising speed: 1125Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
- Sleipner ST95 12v DC bowthruster with joystick control at helm - 2011
- Stainless steel shaft, bronze P bracket and 3 bladed fixed propeller
- Whitlock moulded white helm pedestal with Yanmar engine control panel, throttle lever, stainless steel grab-bar and additional instrument pod.
- Wire steering
- Hide-covered stainless steel helm wheel
- Emergency steering gear
- 12vDC primary domestic system with 220v AC via shorepower, inverter or generator
- 4x Trojan 31HXS 130Ah Deep cycle domestic batteries - new 2014
- 2x Redflash 1100 35Ah for bow thruster - new 2011
- 1x Bosch L5 013 90A 90Ah engine start battery - new 2017
- Sterling Power battery management system
Charging / Inverter:
- Phase Three PT-40CE 3 stage Battery charger (Engine, Bow thruster and Genset batteries)
- Sterling 3 phase battery charger for domestic bank
- Mastervolt inverter with remote at nav station
- Mastervolt Whisper 6000 (5Kw) 12vDC Generator
- Generator hours – approx 440hrs as of April 2018
Solar and Wind:
- 300 Watt solar array – 2013
- Victron 150/30 MPPT controller – 2016
- Eclectic Energy D400 wind generator - Fully refurbished and upgraded 2015
- 80A 12vDC alternator on engine
- 220vAC shorepower supply with ring main and 220v AC sockets in interior
- Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 12vDC pressure system with Par Max pump
- Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power in well-insulated hot water tank
- Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower in cockpit
- Spectra Newport 400 water maker, 60lph - New membrane 2016
- Rule 1500 auto main bilge pump
- Rule 800 auto engine bilge pump
- Whale Gulper 220 manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Twin Channel Pilot gas alarm with solenoid isolation valve
- Fuel capacity: 431 litres (95 gallons) in one stainless steel tank
- Fuel tank level gauge at helm pedestal
- Freshwater capacity: 636 litres (140 gallons) in two plastic tanks
- Water tank gauge at chart table
- Black water holding tank – 110 litres
- Tanks discharge directly overboard or via deck evacuation point.
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- 2x Raymarine RL70C GPS chartplotter and radar displays (on helm pedestal and at companionway)
- Raymarine Raydome closed array radar scanner
- Autohelm ST6000 autopilot with additional wireless remote control
- Raymarine ST60 displays with speed, depth and wind transducers
- Whitlock steering compass as companionway
- 2x GPS antenna
- Raymarine RL70C GPS chartplotter and radar display
- Autohelm ST6000 autopilot control
- Raymarine ST60 multifunction display - 2005
- Raymarine ST60 wind and tridata displays in owner’s cabin
- Sony LCD monitor - 2005
- ICS Nav6 Navtex display
- Clock & barometer
- Raymarine 230 VHF Radio w/ remote ram mic in cockpit
- Simrad RT64 VHF with aerial on davits
- Icom IC-M802 SSB radio with insulated backstay - 2005
- Smev 4-burner gimballed gas cooker with oven & grill and stainless steel crash bar
- Front opening stainless steel refrigerator with 12v water-cooled refrigeration unit.
- Top opening freezer compartment with 12v water-cooled freezing unit.
- Panasonic 230v Microwave oven with grill and convection oven
- 12v Extractor fan for cooker
- Hot & cold thermostatically controlled showers in forward and aft heads
- Jabsco Parr manual marine toilets
- Eumenia 240v washing machine
Heating & Ventilation:
- Cruisair reverse-cycle air-conditioning system in all cabins provided by three individual control units.
- Eberspacher cabin heating via air blown through hot-water filled radiators – 2005
- Ventilation consisting of opening skylights and opening portlights
- LED interior lighting - 2011
- Red night lighting
- Sony radio/CD player with speakers in saloon and waterproof speakers in cockpit
- Philips LCD TV in saloon – 2005
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 6 berths in two double cabins and 2x singles in side cabin and further occasional settee berth in saloon
- Headroom approx 6’4” throughout
- Teak joinery with teak-faced marine ply and solid teak joinery where appropriate
- Teak with holly inlay sole-boards
- White vinyl headlinings with teak battening
- Steel-blue leather upholstery throughout
- cream cloth curtains
- Beige Avonite galley worktops
- Dark blue Avonite surfaces in heads
- LED lighting throughout with additional night lighting
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Centreline double berth with storage under and deep stowage drawers.
- Vanity shelves to port and starboard sides.
- Large hanging locker to starboard.
- Opening deck hatch gives light and ventilation.
Twin Guest Cabin:
- Twin single berths, with stowage space beneath the lower berth and locker space above the upper berth.
- Hanging locker and storage.
- Opening deck hatch gives light and ventilation.
- Finished in attractive, wipe clean laminate surfaces.
- Wash basin, manual marine toilet, separate shower area. Hot and cold pressurised water, electrically pumped shower waste water discharge.
- Towel rail, toothbrush and glass holder, toilet roll holder.
- Floor in decorative teak and white stripe finish in way of toilet and wash basin and teak grating in shower area.
- Stowage lockers.
- Opening deck hatch provides light and ventilation.
- Large C shaped settee to port side with folding leaf table to give either coffee table or dining table sizes, generous stowage space under the settee, tankage beneath the saloon floor.
- To starboard are 2 built in armchairs with a built in locker between to house the television and cinema system.
- The built in armchairs house pull out stools to provide additional seating around the dining table.
- Hull portlights above the settee and seats provide light together with the large saloon windows.
- Opening deck hatch and dorades provide light and ventilation.
- Navigation desk, to take a half folded Admiralty chart, with chart stowage space beneath lid, drawer space beneath chart table.
- Furniture units to incorporate space for additional navigational instruments, electronics and electrical distribution board.
- Chart table seat covered in water resistant covering.
- Wet hanging locker aft of chart table seat.
- Large U-shaped galley one step down from saloon.
- Twin sinks in Avonite worktop, sinks fitted with electric pump out.
- Large front opening stainless steel refrigerator plus top opening freezer.
- Gimballed 4 burner cooker complete with crash bar, microwave oven wired to shore support system or generator/inverter,
- Extractor fan built in above cooker.
- Generous work top space with deeply fiddled edges.
- Stowage lockers for food, crockery, pots and pans.
Walkthrough to Aft Cabin:
- Accessed aft of navigation area the cabin comprises a single mid level height berth converted to provide an extremely large full-size chart table area with extensive stowage for admiralty charts below and further stowage for pilot guides in teak shelving. Built in locker/sideboard unit accommodating washing machine.
- Opening portlight gives light and ventilation.
- Large centreline double berth, with deep drawer space beneath.
- Double sprung mattress.
- Twin curved seats flowing away from the berth, with drawer space beneath.
- Generous hanging locker space, vanity desk and shelved storage.
- Light and ventilation is provided by opening deck hatch, opening portlights and an aft facing coachroof window.
- En suite to the aft stateroom, the compartment comprises a separate shower stall complete with electric shower waste pump out, large bowl marine toilet and wash hand basin.
- Wooden finished stowage lockers.
- Towel rail, toothbrush and glass holder, toilet roll holder.
- The compartment is finished in attractive wipe clean laminate finishes.
- Opening portlight for light and ventilation.
- Selden aluminium anodised mast & boom
- Keel-stepped masthead rigged mast with 2x sets of swept back spreaders
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging – 2002
- Rig removed and surveyed (including standing rigging) – 2011
- Running rigging replaced 2011
- Single-split fixed wire backstay
- Wire runners with spectra lines for use with staysail (can be stored forward when not in use)
- Selden rigid-strut vang
- Selden in-mast furling system
- Furlex 400S genoa furler
- Lewmar genoa tracks adjustable from the cockpit
- Furlex 300S staysail furler
- Self-tacking staysail system with Lewmar track
- Baymar RollGen furling cruising chute system with custom stainless steel bowsprit - 2005
- Spinlock XCS uprated jammers for mast halyards & coachroof sail controls with additional jammers for mainsheet, runners, headsail furler and cruising chute sheets - 2005
- Lewmar mainsheet track
- Lewmar/ harken blocks throughout
- Selden spinnaker pole vertically stowed on mast with full spinnaker gear
- 2x Lewmar 54ST 2-speed Primary Electric self-tailing
- 2x Lewmar 44ST 2-speed manual self-tailing winches
- 1x Lewmar 40ST 2-speed electric mainsail furling / halyard winch
- 1x Lewmar 40ST halyard winch
- Sander Sails Dacron furling mainsail – 2013
- Sander Sails Dacron furling yankee - 2011
- Sander Sails Dacron furling staysail – 2011
- Hood Sails furling cruising chute - 2003
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit (with teak seats inset to port and starboard), guardrails, bathing ladder, side-opening boarding gates, grab rails & dorade pulpits
- Stainless steel window frames for saloon
- Stainless steel framed solid sprayscreen
- Teak folding cockpit table
- Teak gunwales with SS rubbing strips by cleats
- Simpson S175 stainless steel dinghy davits
- Stainless steel outboard hoist
- Folding Aluminium Passerelle
- Wide fold down Transom swim platform
- Swim ladder
- Transom shower
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lewmar Ocean low profile electric windlass with cockpit control and Quick chain counter
- 40kg Delta anchor, SS swivel shackle
- 100m of 10mm chain (both anchor and chain regalvanised 2015)
- 10kg Kedge anchor, chain and rode
- SS anchor roller
- Divided chain locker
- Saltwater deck wash down in anchor locker
- 6x heavy stainless steel deck cleats
- Fenders & warps
Tender & Outboard:
- 2.4m Helios RIB inflatable with Sunbrella canvas UV shade cover - 2015 5hp Yamaha outboard motor
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Chrome and Perspex windshield with removable sprayhood
- Extra large Sunbrella bimini with removable sides and neck guard, supplied and fitted by Tecsew, Southampton - new 2011
- Full winter cockpit tent enclosure
- Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Running lights forward, stern light
- LED masthead lights
- Deck light
- 8-man Ocean Safety Life raft starboard rail mounted
- Jon Buoy
- Horseshoe ring and light
- EchoMax passive radar reflector
- Munro Engineering Sea Me active radar reflector
- McMurdo G5 Smartfind 406 GPS EPIRB (new June 2017)
- Seafire built in fire extinguishing system in engine room
- Cabin Fire extinguishers – 2011
- Kidde smoke and CO detector
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.