Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||43 ft / 13.11 m|
|Location||Annapolis, Maryland, United States|
|LOA||43 ft / 13.11 m|
|Length at Water Line||39 ft / 11.89 m|
|Beam||12 ft / 3.66 m|
|Max Draft||6 ft 12 in / 2.13 m|
|Max Bridge Clearance||64 ft / 19.51 m|
|Engine Model||4JH2E Non Turbo|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||94 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||3 x 135 gal|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 20 gal|
KINSHIP is a well loved, well-maintained cruiser, designed by Robert Perry. With a long waterline and a fairly narrow beam forward, she is fast and easy to single-hand. Hull number 19 of just over 50 boats built KINSHIP is one of the preferred mid production models. She was built in 1998 in St Catharines, Ontario by Saga Marine. KINSHIP is a proven passage maker and is fully equipped with all of the gear required for another offshore adventure. Some of her notable features include:
- Custom Arch with davits
- Recent life raft in certification
- Wind, solar, hydro electrical generators
- Integrated electronics
- Custom canvas
Please view the full specs tab on the next page for full vessel details. Her replacement cost far exceeds her asking price and a careful reading of the listing will impress even the most experienced offshore sailors. The Saga 43 is a perfect couples cruiser and was designed for short handed sailing. If you are considering a passage south this fall KINSHIP should be first on your list.
Please view the full specs tab on the next page for full vessel details.
A workroom is located forward with a work bench and vice to starboard with custom storage lockers opposite. There is a storage locker forward with chain locker access. The master cabin is located just aft of the work room. It features a Pullman berth with locker storage opposite. Storage space is exceptional. The water maker is under the berth. This stateroom has two opening ports, one overhead hatch, and two electric fans. There are four dorade boxes with vents on deck.
The main salon is bright and airy with several opening ports and hatches. The salon features opposing settees with lee cloths that make excellent sea berths for even the tallest of sailors. The nav desk is located to starboard and is aft facing which makes communication between the helmsperson and navigator efficient and accurate. 12v fans are located throughout the vessel.
The L shaped galley is located to starboard and features a Force 10 stove and a 12v Seafrost refrigerator and freezer each with their own dedicated thermostats and compressors. The iceboxes have upgraded insulation. A microwave is located above the ice boxes.
The head with separate shower stall is located opposite of the galley. The head space is quite large and utilizes an ingenious polycarbonate shower door.
The aft cabin is located to port and is wide enough for shorter crew to sleep athwart-ships thanks to the fact that the berth extends under the cockpit sole. There is a lee cloth that allows the area under the cockpit to be separated from the widest part of the berth. The battery bank is located under the berth.
KINSHIP has had two owners during her life each of whom have improved her equipment and design at a cost exceeding her asking price. She has participated in the ARC and Carribean 1500 rallies and is ready to go again. KINSHIP has seen regular and preventative maintenance and everything from her life raft to watermaker are in spec and working perfectly. This Saga 43 is ready for another adventure and if you looking to spend the winter in the Carribean sunshine look no further. Highly recommended.
Electronics and Navigation
- The navigation system is fully integrated. With instrument data, digital radar, and AIS on both MFD displays.
- Furuno Chart Plotter MFD8 GPS 330B primary, Furuno GPS 32 back up / DRS 4D Radar with gimballed mount/ GPS pre programmed East coast & Europe, capable of anywhere in the world.
- Autohelm autopilot with gyroplus II SHS gyropack with remote and spare control head, heading sensor, computer and remote.
- Icom IC-M504 VHF radio. GPS feed from Nav station
- Icom VHF RAM Mic @ helm.
- Sat phone Iridium Go with arch mount antenna 2016
- iSatphone arch mount antenna
- Wi-Fi Bullet M2 Titanium 802.11n long range receiver mast head mount 2017
- Icom IC-M710 SSB radio
- Raymarine ST60 digital depth
- Raymarine ST60 digital knot meter
- Raymarine ST60 digital wind instruments
- Raymarine ST60 navigation station course & track instrument
- Arch mounted radar pole with self-level radar dome (4k radar).
- AIS Transmission & Receive Nauticast B300 Class B Tx/Rx
- ST 6002 Auto Pilot
- 4" Ritchie compass
- Weems and Plath weather station
- Force 10 stove & oven propane
- Panasonic microwave oven
- Sea Frost refrigerator, air cooled. (Boxes were re-insulated)
- Sea Frost freezer, air cooled, two holding plates.
- Hot/Cold pressure water
- Manual foot pump fresh water
Sails and Rigging
KINSHIP's has a Solent rig which utilizes a working jib and a large genoa on separate furlers. This sail plan is ideal for short handed sailing and allows the crew to select the appropriate sail plan without leaving the cockpit. Her mast step was reconditioned with the advice of her designer Robert Perry. Her mast was painted 2012. and her Standing rigging was replaced at that time. The Genoa, Jib and Mainsail (fully Battened) are all in good condition and last serviced in 2016.
- Variable geometry Solent rig with closely stacked forestays
- Standing rigging replaced 2012
- Quantum Mainsail, Dacron w/stack pack. with 3 reef points, clew and tack lines lead to cockpit
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster 2015
- ATN Galesail and Storm Trysail -as new
- Riding sail -as new
- Schaefer furlers for genoa and jib
- Harken Batt-car system on Main sail
- Quantum Lazy Bag (stack pack)
- Extra sheets for downwind sailing
- Spinnaker pole (Carbon fiber) mounted on mast.
- Dutchman boom brake.
- Two fore & aft guys for preventers for mainsail.
- Trisail on a separate track.
- 6 cockpit winches-
- Primary winches Lewmar #54 ST
- Secondary winches Lewmar #48 ST
- Harkin electric winch to port of companionway.
Kinship meets all of the requirements for the ARC and is fully equipped for blue water sailing.
- Series Drogue with dedicated mounting points
- Jordan drogue
- Viking RescYou Pro 6 person- deck mounted with hydrostatic release. (new 2015)
- EPIRB-ACR Global Fix Pro
- Ditch Bag- food flares VHF etc.
- MOM-8 Crew Overboard module
- Flares and other safety equipment per Transport Canada and ARC
- 4 cockpit tether point pad-eyes (cockpit table crash bar serves as an additional tether point)
- Jacklines with dedicated pad-eyes
- Dyneema lifelines 2017
- Offshore Medical Kit
- Rocna 25kg with custom bow roller
- 260' chain plus 40' rope rode
- Maxwell Liberty Windlass with vertical capstan
- Secondary anchor 50 Lb CQR mounted on secondary bow roller 100' chain 200ft rope rode
- Stern Anchor Fortress with 300' rope rode
- Solar: 4x 90w Solbian flexible panels each with separate Gensun GV-10 MPPT controllers
- Wind generator D400
- Hydro generator Watt and Sea
- High output alternator
- Batteries 740 Ah house bank
- 4x Northstar SMS-AGM-400 185 Ah each new 2016
- Starting battery
- 120V charger inverter Xntrex Freedom 10 with Link 2000
- Secondary charger 90-265V Victron Charger wired 240 50Hz shore power connector
- 2 120v 30A shore power cords
- 1 240v 50Hz shore power cord
- Shore power pigtail adapters
- Spectra Water Maker 12v 6 gph
- 3 water tanks, 2 primary tanks with separate day tank. new 2016 welded plastic construction
- 10 Gal water tank 120v/engine coolant
- Holding tank new 2015
- Macerator 2015
- New head and hoses 2015
- Anchor Washdown
- Cockpit shower
- 2 10lb alloy propane tanks
- Propane solenoid with leak detection sniffers
- Force 10 3 burner stove
- Seafrost refrigeration
- Seafrost freezer
- Fusion Stereo with Bluetooth with cockpit speakers 2016
- 4 dual USB charging ports. 2 at Nav desk, 2 in master cabin, 1 in cockpit
- 2 dedicated 12v ports for dinghy pump. 1 in cockpit, 1 on foredeck
- Yanmar 4JH2E 50 Hp naturally aspirated diesel
- New heat exchanger and Yanmar coolant hoses 2017 (cooling system overhaul)
- New shaft seals with spare o-rings on shaft
- Twin Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauge
- 12v fuel transfer/prime pump
- 12v oil change pump
- LED engine room light
- Automatic fire suppression system
- Fuel Tanks replaced 2005 (expanded capacity)
- Tank monitoring system
- Avon Rover 2.81 inflatable floor
- Dinghy Chaps with pockets
- Running lights
- Nissan 5 Hp with 3 gal aux fuel tank
- Davit bridal
- Pushpit mounted motor mount
- engine lock
- dinghy lock
- Hard dodger with red LED night lights
- Bimini with connector 2016
- Full enclosure with bug screens 2016
- Hatch covers
- Winch covers
- Helm cover
- Dinghy chaps
- Portlight covers (interior)
- Interior sun shades
- Companionway cover
- Zip in shade panels
- Cockpit canvas was new in 2016
Hull and Deck
KINSHIP has had the benefit of having owners who understood the SAGA design and were proactive about modifying and upgrading her.
- New fuel tanks
- New water tanks
- New holding tanks
- Mast step rebuilt
- Plates added to after keel bolts
- Keel ballast joint re-glassed and faired
- Custom Arch with davits
- Edson motor mount
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.