Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||41 ft / 12.5 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||40 ft 4 in / 12.29 m|
|Length at Water Line||35 ft 2 in / 10.72 m|
|Beam||13 ft 6 in / 4.11 m|
|Max Draft||5 ft 6 in / 1.68 m|
|Min. Draft||5 ft 6 in / 1.68 m|
|Designer||Ed Dubois / Mike Parham|
|Builder||Westerly Yachts Ltd.|
A great opportunity to get out on the water in this Westerly Oceanlord 41 Bermudian Sloop, at a 1/4 of the cost (16/64ths share available). DREAMTIME OF BLACKWATER has been very well maintained throughout her life here at Berthon. A great base to be able to explore the New Forest and Solent in comfort.
Annual Running Costs:
Approximately £4.5k per quarter share per year for primary costs, and an upgrade/wish list of about £1k per partner per year.
Luxurious centre cockpit fast blue water cruising yacht with two double cabins and saloon berths for three (one double). Very well equipped with in-mast reefing, cabin heating, safety equipment to ISAF standards, etc. Social and supportive syndicate of 18 years with a comprehensive agreement would like to welcome a new partner with good or developing sailing experience. Foreign summer cruising grounds, rallies and racing as agreed annually. Built in 1996, Mark II version with king size owner’s aft cabin, extensive maintenance and refurbishment history (more than £50k spent in recent years) and enhancement programme available. Dreamtime was exhibited by the Westerly Owners Association as an exceptional example of this famous model at the 2012 Southampton Boat Show. Successful syndicate ownership since 1999.
Few yachts can claim the remarkable number of ocean passages and extensive cruises undertaken by many of the fleet of 112 Oceanlords. Most of these voyages were sailed short-handed by husband and wife crews. Combining the proven expertise of leading yacht designer Ed Dubois and the detailed high quality manufacturing standards of Westerly Yachts, the Oceanlord 41 is designed for versatility and built to last. They are famously comfortable, safe, fast and easy to sail; see YouTube “Westerly Oceanlord Yachting Monthly”.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laminated GRP with double white isophtalic gelcoat.
- Teak rubbing strake.
- Port-lights replacements programme underway, windscreen 2017.
- Teak decks (2000) with well-placed harness eyes, jackstays and stainless steel safety lines.
- Bathing platform and fold down boarding ladder.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin keel; a modest draft cast iron keel for optimum performance with a long straight base to facilitate drying out.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 35hp diesel and gearbox (2010), often serviced twice a year.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Cruising speed avg. 6 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Three bladed prop, shaft cutlass bearing and all stern gear (2010), rope cutter.
- Outlets for 12 volt at navigation station and cockpit.
- Three batteries (2010), one engine, two domestic.
- Charging from fast charge alternator and mains via a Sterling smart manager (2005).
- Shore power with 7 x 13 amps outlets.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot water from engine and shore power immersion heater.
- Watermaker – plumbed in, but decommissioned.
- Manual and electric (automatic) bilge pumps.
- Twin stainless steel fuel tanks (2010), 355 litres, 700NM extended range.
- Total capacity of 454 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Stainless steel holding tank for main head.
- Whitlock steering compass.
- Raymarine e7 Chart plotter/ multi-function display, Bluetooth for up to six tablets for remote monitoring.
- AIS receiver and transceiver, Digital Yacht AIT1500 Class B (2016).
- ST7002 Autopilot.
- ST50 Log/speed/depth; wind speed/ direction.
- Phillips GPS.
- Navigation chart portfolios.
- Radar – Autohelm.
- VHF DSC (2015), and a handheld.
- DAB FM/AM radio and CD.
- Eno gas cooker (2009) incl. oven/grill/3 burners.
- Combined 240 volts oven/microwave.
- Twin stainless sinks.
- Pressurized hot and cold water.
- Manual sea and fresh water pumps.
- Keel cooled fridge and icebox (2015).
- Cool box.
- Galley utensils, crockery, cutlery, electric kettle and toaster, s/s saucepan set, etc.
- WC, basin and hand held shower/electric pump (2015) in forward heads compartment.
- En-suite aft heads with WC, basin and hand held shower/pump, mirror.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher warm air cabin heating throughout.
- Blaupunkt CD FM/AM DAB stereo radio.
- Sony flat screen digital TV with USB port.
- FM/AM removable stereo radio/cassette player.
- Twin LED reading lights.
- Ceiling mounted halogen down lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Teak veneer interior, blue matching upholstery throughout.
- Six foot three inches standing headroom in all cabins, headlining (replaced 4/5ths 2013-14).
- Seven berths, two cabins, two inwards facing heads, one fore on port, one aft on starboard.
- Forecabin with twin V or infill double, hanging locker and stowage under bunks.
- Vestibule with hanging locker, door to forward cabin.
- Main heads, port side mid-ships with WC, basin and hand held shower/electric pump (2015), integral cupboard with sliding mirror doors.
- Saloon with U shaped dinette, twin couches convert to double and single sea berths with lee cloths, drop leaf dining table. Storage behind and below seating.
- Navigation area with large chart table, navigator's seat, instruments, electrics switch panel.
- Aft access corridor, three hanging lockers, boson’s lockers and engine access.
- Aft cabin with king size central bed, two seats, hanging locker, ample cupboards, drawers and under bed storage.
- Masthead sloop rigged, in-mast reefing.
- Kemp aluminium mast, boom and hydraulic vang. Dual spinnaker poles for trade wind runs.
- Removable Inner forestay, (stowed at the shrouds).
- Stainless steel standing rigging (2008).
- Running rigging and control lines (many 2015/2016).
- Six Lewmar 2 speed ST winches.
- Mainsail by Sanders Sails (new 2006).
- Genoa by Sanders Sails (2007), roller furling.
- Spare genoa.
- Spinnaker by Sanders Sails (2014) twin poles
- Storm jib Sanders Sails (2012) unused.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Plough type main anchor, 70m chain (2010), Kedge anchor with chain and rode.
- Electric anchor windlass.
- Warps, two sets - dock fixed and away; eight fenders (2017).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Full cockpit canopy gives an extra room, ideal for cool evenings on deck, teenagers, or shelter from the rain (custom made by Sanders Sails).
- Sprayhood (2006).
Tender & Outboard:
- Five-person Avon Bombard (2006) Mariner outboard - 2 stroke.
- Six person Viking life-raft (2009), fully serviced, with stainless cradle.
- Jonbuoy recovery unit (2017).
- EPIRB (2013).
- Eight lifejackets and harnesses.
- Danbuoy (2016).
- Horseshoes x 2 with lights.
- Life-sling MOB lifesaver.
- Four Fire extinguishers; one automatic in the engine compartment (2015).
- Fire blanket.
- Gas alarm (2010).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.