Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Model||J/80 J80 J 80 J-80|
|Length||26 ft / 7.92 m|
|Location||Point Breeze, New York, United States|
|LOA||26 ft 2 in / 7.98 m|
|Length at Water Line||22 ft / 6.71 m|
|Beam||8 ft 4 in / 2.54 m|
|Engine usage (hours)||10|
Several sets of sails,
Harken roller furling,
Newer Mercury 4hp, 4-stroke
Rod Johnstone designed the J 80 with the security and reliability of a fixed keel of moderate draft having a 48% ballast to displacement ratio. The ballast is made even more effective by the J 80s low center of gravity thanks to a strong hull & deck built by TPIs patented, SCRIMP achieving 60-70% glass to resin & precise weight control.
To encourage ownership and participation in the J 80 events by all sailors, J 80 class rules are written to keep FUN up & costs down. The J 80 Class rules, when racing one design, specify a 3 sail limitation. Dacron main on slides, 100% r/f Mylar jib & .6 oz asymmetric spinnaker. The crew limit is 3 people of any weight or 715 lbs. if there are 4 or more people.
Standard J 80 interior with 5'4 headroom.
• 12v/DC electrical system
• Navigation lights
• Solar charger, Rally 5amp Panel Control Module
Sails and Rigging
• Mains, (2)\
• Jibs, Class (2)
• Genoa, New Quantum 135% roller furling Genoa w/sock
• Spinnakers, (2)
Sail inventory report from the seller: Some of these are delivery sails, some good for club racing, 135 Quantum Genoa new last year and lightly used.
• Primary Winches, Harken 32
• Cabin Top Winch, Harken 16
• Vang, Boomkicker
• Spinnaker Pole
• Mast, Keel stepped Hall Spars
Deck and Hull
• Hull #148, SCRIMP
• Hull color is white
• Two-Tone Deck, white and beige
• Mainsail Cover,
• Tiller Cover
• Hatchway spinnaker bag
• Compass, Bulkhead mounted
• The bottom has VC-17 over Epoxy faired by Waterline.
• Trailer, Triad Single Axle with Spare
• Engine, Mercury 4 Stroke, 4hp new in 2014/15
• Engine hours, estimated to be less than 10 hrs
• TackTick Racemaster
• TackTick Speed w/thru hull paddlewheel transducer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.