Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||44 ft / 13.41 m|
|Location||Mystic, Connecticut, United States|
Nirvana is a Moody 44 Center Cockpit sloop rigged European sailboat designed by Bill Dixon and built to Lloyd’s specifications resulting in a beautiful easy to sail offshore boat built for safety and comfort. Bahamas friendly shoal draft wing keel and a partially skeg-hung rudder provide the best combination for safety performance with the convenience of requiring less than 5 feet depth so she’s Bermuda Friendly!
This vessel is a Northeast US vessel with light use and stored every year on the hard from November to May. She has beautiful lines and has all the safety and cruising comfort and features you’d expect in an offshore boat. Key features include the rare Owners Version Layout which provides a large aft stateroom with adjoining private walk through to the main salon. A very large main salon with a large u-shaped teak table seats 6 and folds in half for convenience. The starboard side of the salon has two contoured seats with storage between for comfort under-way. The galley features dual stainless sinks, large counter area, and a large fridge with freezer and extra cool storage area. Gimbled propane stove with oven, microwave, and built-in sailing friendly coffee maker assure all the conveniences of home are available while cruising. Nirvana has forward and aft heads (port & starboard),and also a starboard crew room forward of the main salon with upper and lower bunks as well as a comfortable vberth forward. Full B&G instruments with authohelm and remote and recent large Garmin 5212 Chartplotter at the helm with a Garmin 24 mile radar mounted on the Questus backstay mount.
Recent additions include new Hood roller furling main and Doyle 135% headsail roller furling with all lines controlled in the secure cockpit. She has Mermaid Air Conditioning, 5.5KW Nextgen Generator with sound shield for dependable off-grid power and a fresh bank of AGM main house batteries for maximum life. Power is delivered by a Volvo 50hp diesel with low hours, and Maxprop 3-blade feathering propeller for maximum efficiency under sail and under way.
Nirvana has been consistently maintained and upgraded – see detailed listing specs for further info.
DIMENSIONS AND DETAILS
- 44' Moody Center Cockpit
- Builder: Moody
- Designer: Bill Dixon
- Year: 1994
- Single Diesel Engine
- Fiberglass Hull
- LOA: 44'
- Beam: 14'
- LWL: 34'
- Maximum Draft:
- Ballast: 8,500
- Displacement: 24,250
- Cruising speed: 7.5 kts
- 50 hp
- Volvo Penta diesel with light use and regular maintenance, and which is fresh water and raw water cooled. Transmission was bench-reconditioned in 2004. Motoring speed is 7.6 knots @ 2600 RPM, and with little prop walk in reverse. Engine compartment includes new Racor fuel/water separator, 60 AMP alternator for quick charging, shore-side battery charger, Link 2000R, Isotherm water heater operates via engine heat exchanger or dock-side. (2) Automatic bilge pumps with separate controls, high-water alarm, and hand-operated Whale-gusher bilge pump. BlueSeas 40A charger 2016
- Generator – 146 hours ~ NextGen 5.5KW Generator for Shore 1 & Shore 2 (installed 2012)
- A totally hand-laid hull using isopthalic resins, it resists osmostic blistering and Lloyd's 100A Specifications. Numerous longitudinal stringers and bulkheads tabbed to the hull and through-bolted make for maximum rigidity. Built in the UK by Marine Projects, they use a mold which breaks in half longitudinally instead of popping hulls out of female molds. Each hull remains in the mold throughout the entire build process. Only after interiors are complete and decks secured to the hull flange are the molds removed, insuring a perfect match with assemblies and tight tolerances.
- Fuel: 84
- Fresh water: 120
- Galley includes double stainless sinks near center line, Frigoboat freezer/refrigerator upgrade (2015), microwave, Plastimo LPG stove/oven with in-galley LPG controls. Amenities include Espar automated heating system, LCD TV, CD Changer, pressurized hot/cold water,
2 VHF radios with cockpit Ram-mike
Instruments include Autohelm Depth, Speed-log, Wind indicator, and Autohelm 6000 autopilot with remote.
- Navpod Sailpod for helm
- Garmin GPSMAP 5212 Chartplotter
- Garmin GMR 18 HD Radar on Questus backstay
- Independent back-up VHF Radio
- IslandTimePC WIFI amplifier & 12V boat router
SAILS AND EQUIPMENT
Separate deck-level running lights, and masthead tricolor with emergency strobe, anchor, steaming and foredeck lights. Nirvana has a sloop rig that features a powerful double spreader rig, with in-mast furling main. She has Profurl roller furling Genoa, rod-kicker type boom-Vang, and hydraulic backstay adjuster. Sail inventory includes 135% Genoa and main. Main out-haul, topping lift, Vang and sheets all lead to cockpit. Keel is a modified shoal-draft with bulb/wing, with a skeg-mounted rudder, and Maxprop 3-blade feathering propeller.
- Hood In-mast Mainsail – August 2015
- Doyle 135% Genoa – August 2015
- Mainsail boom car - 2014
- 70% Running rigging updates - 2015
Hull is white with blue trim Deck is gray non-skid, with teak grab rails and annodized aluminum toe rail, two side gates and two aft gates, and stainless lifelines. Bow pulpit with anchor roller and stern pulpit. Aft steps are integrated into transom, and lead to swim platform.
Bottom was walnut blasted in 2013 – fared – barrier coated – 3 coats of ablative bottom paint annually (most recent June 2017)
- Teak grab-rails 4 Mooring cleats, 2 Spring cleats
- Stainless dual anchor bow pulpit with Rocna 25kg anchor and 200 feet of chain
- Chain locker with access via forward cabin
- Sea Wolf Electric anchor windlass
- Hinged stainless steel boarding ladder
- Blue cockpit cushions
- Edson teak cockpit table
- Twin dorade-type vents
- Elk hide cover on steering wheel
- 4 Taylor fenders
- Dock lines & MOB
- Outboard motor bracket on aft rail Flag and varnished teak flagpole
Owner's Layout ~
Rare Owner's layout with large queen aft stateroom and adjoining cabinetry in pass thru from main salon. Cabinetry includes large hanging locker port and starboard, large mirror vanity forward of queen berth, large 3 drawer cabinet in pass through with mirror and top all in light teak throughout. Large overhead hatch and large opening portlights starboard and port and aft as well as 12v fan. Mermaid reverse cycle a/c provides air conditioning in the aft cabin and main salon. All cabins have Espar diesel heat.
Forward on starboard is large aft head with shower and door leading to galley. Forward on port is teak navigation station with B&G multi and both AC and DC switch panels. "NIRVANA" has a large u-shape, ultrasuede seating port with beautiful teak table which folds to increase pass through space if desired. Table also has storage below. Starboard side has elegant seating for two with a unique wine cabinet with drink holders between.
Forward on the starboard side is the bunk room with upper and lower single bunks with upper and lower cabinets and mirror. 2 deck mounted hatches and 12v fan for ventilation.
Forward on port is the second head with separate shower
Forward is Vberth full berth with upper cabinets and large hanging cabinet. Large opening hatch and 12v fan for ventilation.
RECENT UPGRADES 2011~2017
2017 – New SS lifelines
2017 – Racor filters, Volvo & Generator oil & filter changed – new Zincs
2017 – Shower mixing valves and faucets replaced in forward and aft heads
2016 – Replaced both toilets with Raritan
2016 – Replaced both propane tanks
2015 - Replaced forward shower pump
2015 - Replaced refrigeration with Frigoboat DF50 Capri and 2nd compartment
2015 - Replaced aft mattress with memory foam and Vberth and top crew bunk with 2" custom topper
2015 - Added Peak-A-Boo Shades to vertical portlights
2015 - Hood Mainsail & Doyle 135% headsail with halyard preventer and Harken Carbo Ratchet Block for furling
2014 – Replaced aft shower pump
2013 - Added mast mounted 2-speed winch and halyard to hoist dinghy on deck
2013 – Walnut blasted bottom – fared – barrier coated
2013 – Additional bilge pump and switch panel
2013 - New LED Engine Room light
2012 – IslandTimePC WIFI antenna and amplifier with 12v router for all-boat WIFI
2012 – Mermaid AC for Main salon and Aft cabin
2012 – Next Generation 5.5KW generator
2012 - New Engine room blowers
2012 – Updated 120V electrical with Shore 2 – panel feeds – additional outlets
2012 - Updated Fuel Polishing with updated Racor
2012 – Replaced strainers and thru-hulls with new bronze – better access
2011 – Custom poly holding tank from TakTanks in UK for Moody 44 – all new hoses
2011 – Garmin 5212 Color GPSMAP Chartplotter
2011 - NavPod GP1055 SailPod for helm for GPSMAP Chartplotter/Radar display
2011 - Garmin GMR18 HD Radar
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.