Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||46 ft / 14.02 m|
|Location||Portsmouth, Rhode Island, United States|
|LOA||47 ft 1 in / 14.35 m|
|Length at Water Line||37 ft 10 in / 11.53 m|
|Beam||14 ft 6 in / 4.41 m|
|Max Draft||8 ft 11 in / 2.71 m|
|Min. Draft||8 ft 11 in / 2.72 m|
Swan 46 ANTHEM is a perfect cruising yacht. She has been raced in her past life but in more recent used to cruise and can be easily handled double handed which can be rare to find in a Swan. She has been extensively updated over the last few years and is in ready to sail condition. She is on land until sold.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
After looking several years at many Swans, ANTHEM’s owner finally found his perfect boat. She has the preferred aft cabin layout with the centreline queen. Past owners have very successfully competed in offshore racing, such as the Newport/Bermuda and Marion/Bermuda racing. In spite of her racing pedigree, she can easily be sailed by two, with oversized winches for easier handling.
The Swan 46 is one of the most successful bluewater cruiser/racers ever built by the Nautor Swan factory. The speed and agility of this famous Frers design, complemented by a beautifully crafted interior, serves up the highest level of comfort and performance in all conditions.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Built to ABS and Lloyds Register of Shipping Certification.
- Hull constructed in GRP.
- Hull Striping painted dark blue 2016.
- Deck constructed in GRP with teak overlay, new 2005 by Alden Yachts, Portsmouth, RI – USA.
- Bottom completely stripped, re-faired and epoxy coated (2010).
- Through hull fittings serviced and gelcoat topsides compounded/waxed annually.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin keel and spade rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Westerbeke 71C4 diesel engine.
- Starter motor.
- New heat exchanger.
- Raw water pump.
- Coolant/fasteners/clamps, etc.
- Exhaust manifold replaced.
- New fresh water pump.
- New Thermostat and gaskets.
- Changed oil in trans and engine.
- Rotated PSS shaft seal.
- Fresh water pump, 2016.
- Engine drive refrigeration was serviced, and new coolant added 2016.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 3,700.
- Cruising Speed: 6 knots.
- Maximum Speed: 8 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2-bladed feathering Max prop.
- New cutlass bearing (2014).
- Entire electrical system was comprehensively refit and upgraded in 2009, both the 24 and 12 volt DC systems, Balmar alternator and charging system, shore charging system, batteries etc.
- Remote volt/amp/battery condition meter at nav. station.
- 4 x New house batteries (2013).
- 1 x AGM start battery for engine (2014).
- 1 x AGM 12 volt navigation bank battery (2014).
- 12 to 24 Mastervolt converter for navigation battery.
- Mastervolt 2000 Combi 24VDC charger/inverter (2009) with 60 amp charger and 2000w inverter.
- 70 amp Balmar 24 volt alternator with LED external regulator for house batteries (2014).
- 110v shore power and cord.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 120 volt DC hot water heater.
- 24VDC portable water pump with whole boat filtration system and additional filtration at separate tap in galley.
- Shur Flo salt water 24VDC pump and anchor wash system.
- New freshwater piping (2017).
- 2 x Whale manual bilge pumps.
- Electric bilge pump, Par 3100.
- Total capacity of 174 litres in 2 x tanks.
- Total capacity of 483 litres in 5 x tanks.
- All water tanks scrubbed and cleaned (2017).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Whale manual sump pumps in aft and forward head.
- Groco K manual heads (forward 2010, aft 2006).
- Plastic holding tank holding approx. 20 US gallons.
- Modern navigation systems including radar, GPS, B&G, VHF, SSB surround the navigation area, with the electrical panels within easy reach as well.
- B&G Hydra 2000 multi unit performance instruments, integrated wind/depth/speed, etc.
- B&G Halcyon compass (2014).
- B&G Wind sensor (2014.
- Icom IC-M700 SSB.
- Uniden UM52 VHF with handheld unit (2008).
- Simrad autopilot (new display 2010, and ram rebuilt 2014).
- Weems and Plath clock.
- Digital barometer.
- Navigation light wiring, 2016.
- 2 x B&G Hydra 2000 multi units.
- B&G analog wind.
- Tripe B&G 2020 displays below boom gooseneck.
- 6” compass at binnacle.
- The engine driven refrigeration system has a front loading refrigerator and top loading freezer.
- Force 10 (3) burner galley propane stove/oven/broiler (2014), with electric and manual shutoffs below deck.
- 2 x WCs (Owner’s is totally private).
- Handheld showers.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Hella fans throughout.
- Fusion MSAV700 integrated entertainment system (2014).
- 24” LCD TV.
- Speakers in main salon and cockpit.
- LED chrome reading lights throughout (2009).
Summary of Accommodation:
- The interior of ANTHEM is beautiful, with varnished teak interior throughout.
- She has two private staterooms with ensuite heads, main salon that converts from cruising to racing mode, fully equipped galley, comprehensive navigation station and all amenities for gracious living aboard.
Master Stateroom Aft:
- Access is aft of the galley on the port side.
- The aft stateroom features a centerline double with settees and hanging lockers to port and starboard.
- An ensuite head is located on the starboard side.
- Opening ports on the deck house and aft cockpit provide an abundance of natural light and ventilation.
- The forward stateroom features a v berth with an insert to make a double on the port side.
- The adjoining head is located just aft, to port.
- Hanging lockers are aft to starboard, with additional storage in shelves and lockers.
- A large Lewmar hatch is above for ventilation, and sail handling when racing.
- The main salon is accessed from the forward cockpit via the companionway.
- Centerline U shaped settee to port and settee to starboard, fold down varnish teak table.
- A convertible pilot berth is available outboard of the settee to port.
- The entertainment is aft on the starboard side.
- The guest head is forward of the salon, to port.
- The double seat navigation station is located aft and to starboard in the main salon (there is no access to the aft head).
- The desk lifts up for chart stowage.
- A black ultrasuede settee at the nav. station accommodates two people.
- The galley is to port of the companionway and leads aft.
- A double stainless sink with stainless work top is available outboard.
- The newly fitted white Formica countertop creates plenty of space for food preparation and service.
- Masthead (offshore), and deck navigation lights.
- Aluminium, double spreader mast and boom by Nautor Swan, with Navtec rod rigging to Navtec tensionrs.
- Mast removed for service frequently in last 13 years.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay and boom vang rebuilt (2014).
- Harken furling headstay.
- Rod rigging (2009) (no documentation available).
- Halyard, aramid fiber by Southern Spars.
- Comprehensive running rigging, blocks, running gear and deck equipment.
- Spinnaker pole and reaching strut.
- 2 x Lewmar 65 primary winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 55 secondary winches.
- 4 x Lewmar 52 mast/deck house winches.
- 4 x Lewmar 46 winches.
- 2 x Lewmar 46 main sheet winches.
- Winches serviced April 2016.
Sails (all by North Sails):
- Spectra mainsail (2014).
- Spectra 110% genoa (2014).
- Spectra forestaysail (2014).
- Cruising spinnaker with ATM ‘snuffer’.
- 2007 dacron furling genoa, North.
- Dacron heavy staysail.
- Dacron storm trysail.
- 2017, Thurston asymmetrical.
- 2016, Thurston 155% genoa membrance racing.
- 2016, tri radial Airex 700 racing symmetrical.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Falkon 1500 electric anchor windlass, 200’1/2” marked chain with CQR anchor and foot switches at windlass and additional switches at helm.
Tender & Outboard:
- 15hp Mercury 2cyc outboard (2013).
- 6-man DBH valise liferaft (inspected 2013).
- Deck jacklines.
- MOM unit (inspected 2013).
- Fire extinguishers/fire port for engine space.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.