Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||44 ft / 13.53 m|
|Location||Newport, Rhode Island, United States|
|LOA||44 ft 5 in / 13.54 m|
|Length at Water Line||36 ft 8 in / 11.18 m|
|Beam||13 ft 4 in / 4.06 m|
|Max Draft||8 ft 4 in / 2.54 m|
|Min. Draft||8 ft 4 in / 2.54 m|
Swan 441 GYPSEA is in fantastic condition and has been treasured by her 2 owners. She has had many upgrades throughout her life many of which have been in recent years. Her current owner have had her 23 years of her life and it is now time for her to start new adventures.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50
- Gypsea has had just 2 owners in her entire life. Originally named BAT, she was based in the Great Lakes, and then stored indoors from 1991 to 1995 in Michigan. She sold to her current owner in 1994 and was sailed/motored via the canals to the East Coast, whereupon she was refitted for long-distance cruising: electronics, plumbing, sails, windlass, and inner forestay.
- Extensively upgraded over the years, she has a Nautor aluminum mast (1998), has been Awlgripped, has electric winches (2015), new sails (2015), new batteries (2015), new Isotherm water heater (2015), and enjoys easy, low maintenance fiberglass decks (since new).
- Gypsea has been based in New England since 1995, for summer sailing seasons and a few trips to the Caribbean. She is equipped for long-distance sailing with a PUR Water-maker, Monitor wind-vane, ICOM SSB with Pactor modem for email, and DSB 6-person Offshore Life Raft.
- Gypsea has been kept in motion and that means systems are regularly used and attended to, taking care to give her meticulous and consistent general maintenance.
- The Ron Holland 441 is known for its great sailing performance, with the preferred, elegant, spacious interior layout. Having been owned and loved for the last 23 years, it's now time to sell. She is in commission, and is easily shown in Newport.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Single skin with foam core stringers.
- Fiberglass decks.
- Teak decks on bridge deck and cockpit only.
- Red AwlGrip hull (2012).
- Painted bottom (June 2017).
- Aluminum toerails.
Keel & Rudder:
- New rudder built by CSI (July 2009).
- New rudder bearings - ordered from Swan (July 2009).
- Lead fin keel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins 1.08 50hp diesel engine.
- Installed Bowman 4-108 engine conversion kit (September 2009).
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 5,000.
- Range approx. 400 miles.
- Cruising speed 7 kts.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Stuffing box replaced with PYI Dripless.
- 3 blade max prop feathering propeller.
- Stainless steering wheel w/leather.
- Nautor pedestal with Richie compass.
- 12v Ships supply.
- 110v Shore power.
- 4x 6V batteries Trojan J305H 360 AH (May 2015).
- 110v Battery charger.
- 110 Amp alternator.
- 110 volt.
- Replaced all electrical switches in cockpit panel (August 2009).
- Add Solar Panel frame (July 2010).
- Battery monitor.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- New stainless steel hot water heater (2015).
- Replaced all fresh water plumbing with PVC & quick connects (2006).
- Katadyn 160E watermaker (October 2009).
- Whale Gusher MK II aft bilge pump.
- Rule 500 GPH bilge pump in port bilge.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit.
- Total capacity of 62 gals in 3 stainless tanks.
- Extra (the 3rd tank) 26 gallon fuel tank installed under rear berth.
- Total capacity of 84 gals. In 2 stainless tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- New custom holding tank forward & all hoses (July 2009).
- Holding tank aft for aft head.
- Total capacity 50 gallons.
- 2 macerator pumps.
- Installed Propane pressure gauge (December 2009).
- Replaced propane supply hose from propane locker to galley stove (July 2010).
- Replaced propane solenoid (July 2015).
- Raymarine navigation instruments, radar & E80 chart plotter (2005).
- Raymarine ST60 sailing instruments.
- Replaced Raymarine RS125 GPS antenna (September 2009).
- Icom 504 VHF Radio (October 2009).
- Icom Command Mic III for cockpit (October 2009).
- Icom M802 Singleside band Radio (October 2009).
- Pactor modem for SSB (October 2009).
- Dynaplate for SSB (October 2009).
- Questus radar mount (August 2010).
- Alpha autopilot.
- Sea frost refrigeration.
- Freezer in rear cabin.
- Jabsco toilets
- New faucets in forward head (July 2015).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Installed 40,000 BTU heater by Heater Craft (September 2009).
- Added 6 additional Hella fans (October 2009).
- Replaced Vetus cowl vents (July 2010).
- Stereo cd/cassette.
- Replaced Aqua Signal nav. light bulbs w/LED's (August 2009).
- Replaced interior lights with LED's (September 2009).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Replaced fixed windows (2007).
Description of layout from forwards:
- Spacious interior in teak, with teak and holly sole.
- Forward cabin with Vee berth with fold up berths, storage under.
- Forward head compartment.
- Saloon with L shaped settee to starboard.
- Straight settee to port.
- 2 pilot berths.
- Drop leaf table on centerline.
- Nav table.
- L shaped galley.
- Aft cabin with double and single berth and ensuite head.
- 1998 Nautor Aluminum mast.
- 2 spreaders.
- Rod rigging.
- Navtec hydraulic pump for backstay & boom vang
- Replaced deck sheaves at mast base (September 2009).
- Replaced main sheet (August 2015).
- Replaced runners (August 2015).
- Lazy Jacks (July 2016).
- Harken mainsheet traveler.
- 2 Lewmar 58 EST Electric S/T Primary Winches (June 2015).
- 2 Lewmar 48ST halyard winches.
- 2 Lewmar 42 ST halyard winches.
- 2 Lewmar 65 3 speed winches.
- 2 Lewmar 44 ST runner winches.
- 1 Harken 44 Mainsheet winch.
- Quantum Dacron main with 2 reefs (2015).
- Quantum 100% jib Dacron (2015).
- #2 Genoa 135%.
- Storm trysail.
- #4 Heavy weather jib.
- Assymentrical Gennaker with sock.
- Lazy jacks.
- New stern grill (August 2015).
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Bimini (2010).
- Dodger (1998).
- Mainsail cover (2015).
- 2 New Hatch Covers (2016).
- Boom tent.
- Foredeck tent.
Tender & Outboard:
- New Achilles dinghy ACH00095L809 (September 2009).
- DSB 6 person offshore life raft (October 2009).
- MOM8A module (October 2009).
- ACR EPIRB (October 2009).
- SOLAS flares (October 2009).
- Installed Carbon Monoxide detector (December 2009).
- Lifelines (July 2016).
- Emergency tiller.
- Five fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.