Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||31 ft / 9.6 m|
|Location||Ardfern, Argyll and Bute (By Lochgilphead)|
|LOA||31 ft 6 in / 9.6 m|
|Length at Water Line||25 ft / 7.62 m|
|Beam||8 ft 10 in / 2.7 m|
|Max Draft||5 ft 7 in / 1.7 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||55 litres|
|Fresh Water Tanks||225 litres|
Designed by Kim Holman in the mid 1960's the Rustler 31 was a development of his earlier and very successful Twister 28. Over the decades the design has built a reputation as a fast and safe offshore passage maker with examples scattered all over the globe.
SPARKLER is a good solid example of the class which has been continually upgraded and maintained to a good standard. She is now offered for sale winterised and lying here at Ardfern with a full inventory she is ready to sail away for the 2018 season after spring commissioning.
Heavy weight traditional GRP moulding with full length encapsulated ballast keel and full depth transom hung rudder. Original gelcoat finish above the waterline re-sprayed professionally in 2001.
Heavy weight traditonal GRP single piece moulding incorporating coamings, cockpit and coachroof. Non-slip moulded texture panels provide grip under foot on side decks and coachroof top. Moulding finished in paint with deck surfaces and cockpit in light grey, vertical face of coachroof left white.
Sails, Spars and Rigging
- Masthead Bermudan Sloop
- Single spreader Sparlight mast with matching boom
- Spinnaker pole by Z-Spars
- Mast steps from deck level to masthead
The masthead rig is from the era of large overlapping headsails being the main driving sail. Fitted with a roller furling system for the genoa greatly improves the ease of handling the large overlapping genoa when short handed. The boat is rigged with all halyards running to winches and cleat on the mast while the furling line for genoa is lead aft to the cockpit.
- Mainsail - Northsea Sails, 2008. White Dacron, 3 slab reefs
- Furling Genoa - Northsea Sails, 2008. White Dacron
- Spare Mainsail - Dolphin Sails. Tan Dacron.
- Spare Genoa - Kemp Sails 1995. White Dacron, bi-radial cut, roller furling.
- Cruising Chute
- Storm Jib
- Mainsail Cover
- Genoa Cover
- Spray Dodgers
- Winter Cover - 2015
Ground Tackle and Mooring
- Main Anchor - 25lbSWMF Plough on 40m, 8mm chain rode
- Kedge Anchor - 8Kg Fisherman type on 30m, 3 strand polyester warp.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Painted finish in light grey
- Four substantial alloy cleats provided fore and aft for mooring
- Single stainless steel samson post on foredeck for mooring
- Varnished timber grabrails running forward to mast step
- Solid moulded forward hatch, hinged on aft side
- Cockpit locker on port and starboard sides
The deck layout is very traditional and in keeping with the style of the boat. Side decks are below a moulded upstand type toerail capped with a solid hardwood capping rail running the length of the boat. The cockpit is located aft and is deep, well protected outboard by moulded coamings and forward by the coachroof structure. Storage is provided in the cockpit with lockers port and starboard and an on deck storage box on the short section of deck aft of the cockpit.
- Depth - NASA Clipper Duet system
- Log - NASA Clipper Duet system
- Wind - NASA Clipper
- Repeater - NASA Clipper multi-function display at nav station - not functioning
- GPS - Garmin 152
- VHF - Icom IC-M411
- AIS - Garmine AIS600
- Navtex - NASA Clipper Easy Navtex
- Autopilot - Raymarine ST2000+
- Plotter - Garmin Map 6008
- Radar - Garmin 18/24XHD displaying on plotter
- Barometer - Digital above chart table
- 4 single berths
- Separate heads space
- Dropleaf table
- Diesel stove heater
- 1/2 Admiralty chart size chart table
The interior of the boat is very traditional in character with the layout expected in a sloop of this size. The rich wood work finish contrasts against the more modern light blue upholstery creating a very comfortable feel to the space. The hard wired 240V shore power system provides power points throughout the interior.
Forepeak provides two single berths in a the V-berth configuration with drawers and lockers beneath for storage. The heads compartment is separated from the forepeak and aft cabin by two doors, the heads being located to the port side and a hanging locker located to starboard.
The saloon is open plan with the galley and nav-station located at the aft end of the space port and starboard. A centrally mounted drop leaf table opens to create a large dinning table with the settees port and starboard provide two single bunks. Storage is provided around the saloon in a mixture of lockers.
Aft facing chart table provided to starboard of the companionway with a dedicated aft facing navigators seat. GPS and VHF close at hand along with a second mounting position for the chart plotter. Storage provided with the table and cave lockers outboard.
Galley to port provides all required basic facilities, single basin sink, two brung gas cooker and ample storage space.
- Freshwater Tank - 255ltr capacity (approx)
- Cooker - Neptune 2000 gas cooker 2 burner and grill
- Fridge - 240V coolbox under chart table
- Heating - Diesel stove in saloon. 240V plug in fan heater.
- Shore Power System - RCD protected hardwired system
- Toilet - Jabsco marine toilet
- Bilge Pump - Whale Gusher Titan
- Solar Panel - NASA Marine 20W on hatch garage
- Radio - JVC head unit
- Cockpit Speakers
- Battery Monitor
- Tender - Avon Redcrest
- Outboard - Tohatsu 2.5hp 2 stroke.
- Outboard Storage Bracket
- Liferaft - Ocean Standard 4 Person, new 2016, serviced due May 2018
- Horseshoe Lifebuoy - With light and Danbuoy
- Boarding Ladder - Plastimo Rope Safety Ladder
- MOB Recovery - Plastimo MOB Lifebelt with rope lanyard
- Fire Blanket
Engine and Sterngear
- Volvo Penta MD2020A marine diesel, 19Hp (1994)
- Shaft type sterngear with 3 blade bronze prop
- Diesel Tank 55ltr capacity (approx)
The engine is located beneath the companionway step in a sound insulated box which is accessible by removing the front and top providing full access to the engine. Sufficient space is provided with the top of the box removed for access to the gearbox and traditional type sterngear.
- 2 off 12V lead acid type batteries
In this case we are acting as brokers only. The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.