The Information We Collect
You do not have to give us personal data in order to access certain of our Services. However, while using our Services, you may be able to search, buy, order or bid on products, enter promotions, sweepstakes or other contests, participate in a survey, complete a questionnaire or other "information request" form, or otherwise subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, participate in one of our online forums/communities, express an opinion or communicate with our customer service. In order to utilise, participate in or otherwise access such products, services or other offerings, you may be required to provide us with your personal data, which is information that, alone or in combination with other information, allows us to identify you, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, contact preferences, credit card information, financial information or information relating to a support or service issue.
In addition, when you download, register and/or use any of our software applications (each, an "Application"), you may provide us with some or all of the following information: (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information such as, by way of example and not limitation, your vehicle identification number; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases or respond to any offers via the Application; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase and use of the Application, where applicable, and any third-party products or services available through the Application;
and (e) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information. In addition to the uses described above, we may also use the information you provide us in connection with the Application to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions. Furthermore, the Application may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices’ unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use and information about the way you use the Application. The Application may also collect precise information about the location of your device using your device’s global positioning system technology. We may use your location information to provide requested location services, and to market certain of our products and services to you. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by managing your location preferences either from the Application, where applicable, or via your mobile device settings. To remove your name from any e-mail offer list, click the unsubscribe link in any of our marketing emails you receive
or contact our Customer Service Centre on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use the Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we share personal data collected through our Services with unaffiliated third parties only as described below. (Please see "Your Options Regarding Personal Data" below for
information on how to avoid having your personal data shared by us.)
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personal data with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions, but we do not permit such entities and individuals to use personal data for other purposes.
- Third Party Promotions: We would like to send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we would be required sell or disclose certain of your personal data to such unaffiliated businesses. If you would like to be contacted by any such business, you may tick the relevant box on the form where we collect your data or follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any email you receive from any such third party if you change your mind at a later date. In addition, you may opt-in to our sharing your personal data with such businesses by following the instructions in any communications from us giving this option.
- In-House Promotions: We may on occasion combine information we receive through our Services with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information in connection with our Services, please tick the relevant box on the form where we collect your data or follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive in connection with our Services or by following the instructions in our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under “Unsubscribe Requests”.
- Protection of Our Services and Others: We reserve the right to release personal data to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Boats Group, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction and with policing, governmental or regulatory authorities.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice and have the opportunity to withhold consent when personal data about you might be shared with unaffiliated third parties.
- User Submissions: If you participate in any online forum/communities, chat sessions and/or blogs, or otherwise post in any user comment field visible to other users of our Services, any information that you submit or post will be visible to and may be read, collected or used by others who use our Services. We are not responsible for any information, including personal data, you choose to submit in any such user comment field. Please be careful not to disclose any more personal data in these media than you are comfortable being in the public domain.
Your Options Regarding Personal Data
Except where we believe the release of your personal data is necessary or appropriate (a) to allow third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf or (b) to comply with law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Boats Group, our users or others, you may opt in to our sharing your personal data with unaffiliated third parties by ticking the relevant box on the form where we collect your data or if you change your mind at a later date.
Where we store your personal information
Third Party Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to provide advertisements to you when you use our Services. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your use of our Services and other websites and services in order to show you advertisements tailored to your interests on our Services and other interactive media and/or to keep track of your response to each ad. For more information on this practice, or to opt out of having this information used by these companies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
This Website Uses Google® AdWords
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings.
Cookies and Web Beacons
To enhance your experience with our Services, many of our Web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer's or mobile device’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or reveal other personal data unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one or more of our websites. However, once you choose to furnish us with personal data, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a website or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons or similar technology on our Services from time to time for this and other purposes. Full details of what we use can be found athttp://www.yachtworld.com/core/globalnav/cookies.jsp or http://uk.boats.com/cookies/.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites, Services, Ad Servers and Sponsors
California Do Not Track Notice
To the extent relevant to your access to or use of our Services and Applications, certain websites and other technology can track their users over time to, for instance, provide targeted advertising. Do Not Track ("DNT") mechanisms allow Internet users to control, and where desired prevent, the tracking of their online activities across such websites and technology. Currently, various Internet browsers offer a DNT option that sends signals to websites visited by the browser about the users DNT preference - you can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser’s preferences. Specifically as DNT relates to your use of our Services, we currently do not have the capability to recognize or respond to web browser Do Not Track signals and other similar mechanisms. In addition, in the DNT context, other parties do not have the ability to collect your personal data through advertising technologies deployed in ads that may appear within our Services.
Canada's Anti-Spam Law
To the extent relevant to your access to our use of our Services, commercial electronic messages that are sent from or accessed in Canada, including emails and text messages (“CEMs”), are governed by Canada's Anti-Spam Law and its relevant rules and regulations ("CASL"). CASL requires that any CEMs sent to Canadian recipients in connection with our Services comply with certain consent and informational requirements (generally speaking, CASL prohibits sending CEMs to Canadian recipients without the prior consent of the recipient). Consent may either be implied (which is temporary) or express (which is permanent, unless and until withdrawn). Examples of implied consent to receive CEMs include (i) your having purchased something from us within the past two years, (ii) your download of software included within our Services or (iii) your giving us your business card at a trade show. You provide express consent when you affirmatively elect to receive CEMs in response to a clear solicitation to do so (for instance, filling out a form on one of our websites where the form clearly states that you will receive CEMs from Boats Group). When applicable, Boats Group will ask for your express consent to receive CEMs, and will respect your decision. Under any circumstances, however, you have the right to withdraw your consent -- whether express or implied -- by ticking the relevant box on the form where we collect your data or completing our Email Opt Out Form or by contacting us via the contact information provided below.
Our Commitment to Security
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access of, maintain data security for and correctly use the personal data you have provided or that we otherwise collect through our Services. HOWEVER, WHILE SUCH EFFORTS ARE INTENDED TO ENSURE THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AVAILABLE TO US AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
- We work to protect the security of your personal data during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer
(SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. To assist in keeping your personal data safe, you
must use an SSL-enabled browser (i.e., Internet Explorer).
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password, your computer and your
mobile device(s). Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your
passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
How You Can Access or Correct Information
You may obtain information regarding the personal data that you provide or we collect about you via our Services for the purpose of viewing and correcting any factual errors in such information. Access to personally identifiable information that you provide or we collect via our Services may be accessible after the point of collection. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Services, you may return to that portion of the Services to review and/or correct the personally identifiable information you provided. The UK Data Protection Act 1998 and EU Directive 95/46/EU gives you the right to access data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with them. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the data we hold about you. You may send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting information about, suppression of or corrections to your personal data to Boats Group, Intellectual Property Administrator, Cams Hall, Cams Hill, Fareham, Hampshire, PO16 8AB or IPadministrator@boatsgroup.com, subject to appropriate verification procedures. To protect your privacy and security, we will take what we believe are reasonable steps to help verify your identity before providing personal data, granting access, suppressing use of your personal data or making corrections.
Access to and use of any of our Services is subject to compliance with the applicable Service’s Terms and Conditions.
To unsubscribe from email communications from us, please enter your email address and select the name of the applicable Boats Group business from the list on our Email Opt Out Form or tick the relevant box on the form where we collect your data.
Special Note for Parents
Our Services are intended for a general audience and were not designed for children under 16. We are not responsible for any access or use of our Services by children under 16. (By way of example, our Services are not intended to sell products for purchase by children under 16.) If you are over 16 but under 18, you may use our Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If it comes to our attention that a request has come from a person under the age of 16, we will not respond to such a request. Instead we will use reasonable efforts to delete any information provided by that child.
How to Contact Us
Updates and Effective Date
POLICY LAST UPDATED JULY 2016