Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Thames&Kennet Marina, Berkshire|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|Length at Water Line||10.52 m|
|Length on Deck||11.23 m|
|Dry Weight||10179.97 kg|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Shaft Drive|
|Fresh Water Tanks||378.54 litres|
|Hull Shape||Modified Vee|
Petra, A Broom 395 2 plus 2 with only one owner and a comprehensive specification including Volvo D6 330 engines, Electric folding mast, Full navigational package
Newly antifouled, fully polished, totally valeted to the interior and with a December 2016 survey this Broom 395 is amongst the best available today and at a competitive price, lying at Tingdene Thames & Kennet Marina
Manufacturer Provided Description
The new 395 incorporates the latest developments and improvements taking place across the Broom range. The exterior has been styled to include steps up both sides of the transom, the latest type of frameless windows, and a helm position console layout developed from the 425. The most significant change from the 39 model is the large aft deck. With steps up both sides of the transom the aft deck has been deleted and the cockpit area moved back as the 450. This gives a large sitting area in the cockpit.The specification and interior layout follows on from the 39, with the decor and joinery style being a further progression from the 425. The 395 is offered in the dinette and 2+2 form. The side door is not included in the specification, but may be considered as an extra providing there is sufficient lead time. The boat is available with both single and twin engine installations.
- Designed by Andrew Wolstenholme and our in-house design team headed up by Lucinda Westley the Broom 395 is of a modern design giving excellent handling qualities either when fitted with a single engine or twins to give speeds up to 27 knots.
- The hull and superstructure are manufactured by Brooms associate company Aquafibre.
- Excellent quality with isopthalic gel coat and resins, backed up by powder-bonded glass to reduce the risk of osmosis.
- Transverse and longitudinal stringers are incorporated throughout the hull for strength.
- The hull and deck joint is both riveted and bonded.
The 2 Plus 2 Layout
The 2 Plus 2 Option
- The 395 2 plus 2 has been developed as a result of owners indicating to Brooms a requirement for a boat that can provide more space for those who want to live aboard for longer periods.
- By limiting the number of berths to four it has been possible to create two spacious cabins and a larger deck saloon.
- This has the added advantage of providing plenty of seating for daytime entertaining on board.
- The general specification for the 395 2 plus 2 is the same as the standard version, but the fuel capacity is increased to 2 x 605 litres (2 x 133 gallons)
- The centrepiece of the 395 is a spacious area with access directly to the aft deck.
- Large u-shaped settee on the starboard side with sideboard opposite.
- Opening windows each side
- Hot air blown heating controls in saloon with outlets to all cabins
Aft Master Cabin
- Brooms are renowned for their aft cabin design and this is taken further with the 395.
- Large double berth, twin dressing tables, two wardrobes, upholstered bed head, roof and individual reading lights.
- Mirrors, drawers and lockers.
- Two large windows in the transom provides plenty of light as well as providing a means of escape.
- Opening windows
Aft Master Cabin Toilet
- En-suite toilet complete with electric sea toilet, moulded wash basin and vanity unit with cupboard and mirror.
- Mixer taps with hot and cold supply.
- 240 volt shaving point.
- Towel rail and toilet paper holder, plus toothbrush and glass holder.
- Opening vent.
- Separate space with hot and cold water shower mixer tap.
- Moulded in seat and all easy clean surfaces.
Forward Guest Cabin
- Fitted with twin 'v' berths with upholstered headboards and linings.
- Wardrobe, drawers and shelves.
- Roof and individual reading lights.
- Ventilation/ escape hatch in roof.
- Fixed ventilator.
- Manual flush Sea toilet.
- Moulded-in basin and vanity unit with mixer tap.
- 240-volt shaver point.
- Opening window and fixed ventilator.
- Shower unit, towel rail, toilet paper holder plus toothbrush and glass holder.
- A spacious storage cupboard to the port side opposite the galley which houses a second fridge and two useful storage cupboards for oddments
- Also fitted with hanging area for coats and wet gear.
Electrics and water
- Engine and domestic batteries have a 12 volt system.
- Each engine has its own starting battery and both engine and domestic batteries are charged through diode splitters.
- A 240 volt ring main ring is installed for connecting to shore supply when ordinary domestic equipment can be used.
- All 240 volt and 12 volt circuits are protected by circuit breakers.
Shore power and cable
Ring main and 240 v sockets to each cabin
12-volt battery system separate starting batteries
Mastershunt LCD Power controller
Mastervolt Mass Combi 12volt 2500w Inverter/ 100 amp Battery charger
12 Volt socket to dash and saloon
Fresh Water gauge
Hot Water Immersion
- The essential part of any serious cruising boat.
- Brooms years of experience provides an easy to work area.
- Complete with stainless steel sink unit with hot and cold water mixer tap.
- Three burner hob unit and oven and grill.
- Electric refrigerator.
- Crockery stowage and cupboards.
- Cutlery drawer.
- Easy clean work surfaces.
- Well laid out to provide an easy to work boat when either passing through locks, low bridges or mooring up, yet provides comfort and safety when cruising offshore.
- Easy access to the transom with built in steps both sides on the large bathing platform.
- The large deck area has an access door to port and starboard enhancing security when cruising with children or in inclement weather
Flat decks surround the boat with steps to the bathing platform port and starboard to the stern
Stainless steel stanchions and guardrails with Middle rail surround the decks
Side access points to port and starboard with Moulded side hull step
Stainless steel handrails to cabin roof
Non-slip GRP decks surrounding the vessel with no steps amidships
Side access doors to cockpit
Teak covered Cockpit Floor
Teak covered Bathing platform and deck steps
Cockpit with U shaped seating to stern
Helm and Co-pilot seats
GRP electrically folding mast
Full canopy on “Easy fold” stainless steel frame
Lewmar Electric Anchor winch with Bruce Anchor Deck and dash controls
Newly Surveyed and Antifouled December 2016
Weaver snap davits and hold off arms
Tender outboard bracket
DINGHY AND OUTBOARD NOT CURRENTLY INCLUDED IN THE SALE
Standard General Specification
- Engine tachometers.
- Oil Pressure gauges with alarms.
- Temperature gauges with alarms.
- Speed and distance recorder.
- Depth sounder.
- Fuel contents gauges.
- Water contents gauge.
- Calorifier water system with immersion heater.
- Two showers.
- Ringmain connected to refrigerator, with 240 volt sockets in engine room. both cabins, saloon and galley complete with shoreline.
- Remote battery isolating switches.
- Seacocks on all inlets below waterline.
- Engine hour meter.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room.
- 3 hand held fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- Electric refrigerator.
- Avonite work surfaces in galley.
- Gas hob and oven.
- Pressurised fresh water system.
- Hydraulic steering.
- Battery charger
- Battery state indicator.
- 2 sea toilets (one electric).
- Waste holding tank available (see detail on price list)
- 2 shaver points.
- 2 electric bilge pumps.
- High capacity manual bilge pump.
- Separate engine start and domestic batteries.
- Tool Kit.
- Gas cylinders.
- Cathodic protection.
- Antifouling - colour to choice.
- Navigation Equipment: Brooms have their own Electronics Specialist, quotations available for individual navigation packages.
Standard Specification (Exterior)
- Bathing platform with built-in steps to aft deck.
- Tinted glass except for upper screens.
- Full width mast arch, hinged for easy lowering
- Spray hood forward of mast, plus canopy aft enclosing sundeck.
- 6 deck cleats.
- All-round stainless steel deck rails with opening each side and at transom.
- 6 Fender baskets to pulpit rails
- Handrail along cabin sides.
- Manual anchor winch.
- Anchor stowed in stem head carrier.
- 15 fathoms (27 metres) anchor chain.
- 4 mooring ropes.
- 4 fenders with lanyards.
- Boarding ladder on bathing platform.
- Ventilators in each cabin.
- Full set of navigation lights.
- Electric horn.
- Electric screen wipers.
- Mast deck lights.
- Chart Light
- lights on transom steps
- Aft deck seat cushions.
- Table on aft deck.
- Toughened glass windows.
- Opening hatch in each cabin.
- Lower front screen cover.
- Ensign staff and ensign.
- Stainless steel fendering to deck edges.
- Teak decking on transom platform and steps.
Individual Specification to this boat
Volvo EVC engine controls
Volvo Engine instrumentation
Raymarine E120 Radar and Chart plotter
Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
Raymarine Ray240E VHF with remote speaker and aerial
Raymarine ST 40 Speed and depth
Plastimo 105 offshore compass
Chart table with Perspex cover
Volvo Helm Indicator
2 screen wipers
Fresh water screen washers
Manual Jabsco toilet to forward toilet room
Electric Jabsco toilet to aft toilet room
Black waste holding tank with gauge
Manual and 2 Electric Bilge Pumps
Automatic Engine Room Fire Extinguisher
3 Dry powder Fire Extinguishers
Mood lighting at floor level to the cockpit
Loose Inventory Items
Flat screen television
Audio system with MP3 dock and remote control at helm
Speakers to cockpit and saloon
Clock & Barometer
UPHOLSTRY & FURNISHINGS
Beige carpets throughout
Blue Alancantara type upholstry throughout
Cream & Blue patterned curtains
Blinds to saloon forward facing screens
Exterior screen cover
Cherry Veneer joinery
Cream PVC cockpit cushions
Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The particulars are intended only as a guide and they do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate to have the vessel fully surveyed, inspected and sea or river trialled depending on location of the boat.