Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length||45 ft / 13.72 m|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||45 ft / 13.72 m|
|Beam||15 ft 3 in / 4.65 m|
|Max Draft||3 ft 11 in / 1.2 m|
|Min. Draft||3 ft 9 in / 1.14 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
This Broom 450 was built for her current owner in 2007 with a substantial specification – twin Volvo Penta D9-500hp engines, hydraulic mast lowering system, electric heads, heating, air-con, bow thruster, generator and more. She boasts a huge amount of volume and superb sea keeping characteristics, thanks to a super-capable John Bennett deep-vee hull and Broom’s very large build. Please get in touch if you would like to know more.
The Broom 450 is a heavy-duty, luxury, mile munching cruiser with some of the best sea keeping abilities in class. Emerald II was built in 2007 to a very high standard for her current owner. She boasts an extensive specification which includes twin Volvo Penta D9-500HP diesel engines, hydraulic mast lowering system, electric heads, heating, air-con, bow thruster and generator. The Broom 450 is capable of cruising long distances, safely and in great comfort. Viewings are highly recommended.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorized “B”.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- White GRP hull and superstructure.
- Flexi-teak simulated teak laid cockpit, side decks, aft stairs and bathing platform.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Twin Volvo Penta D9-500HP on conventional shaft drives.
- This 9.4 litre displacement In-Line 6 cylinder turbocharged and aftercooled diesel engine is electronically controlled. The engines take full advantage of the electronically controlled unit injection fuel system, resulting in an environmentally friendly engine with outstanding performance and fuel economy.
- Twin-Disk reduction gearboxes.
- Underwater exhaust outlets with underwater silencers.
- Volvo LCD EVC head unit for monitoring engine systems.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – c.250 as of January 2017.
- Cruising speed – approx. 22 knots, maximum speed – approx. 28 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Direct shaft drive.
- Twin rudders.
- Nickel aluminium propellers.
- Power-assisted hydraulic steering system with steering wheel.
- 10” Bow thruster.
- Electro-hydraulic trim tabs with indicators at helm position.
- Full engine instrumentation and electronic engine controls at helm position.
- Rudder position indicator.
- UK 220V/240V sockets.
- 24V engine start & auxiliary power batteries.
- 2 x 12V heavy duty batteries for engine cranking.
- 4 x 6V heavy duty batteries for domestic circuit.
- Battery link switch.
- Battery charger.
- Engine alternators for charging.
- 12kw Fischer Panda generator.
- Shore support inlet & cable.
- Automatic electric bilge pumps.
- Manual emergency back-up bilge pump.
- 2 x 909 litre stainless steel tanks = total capacity of 1818L (400 gallons).
- Twin fuel gauges at helm position.
- Fuel filler.
- Capacity 590 ltr (130 gallons).
- Water heated by engine heat exchange and 240V immersion heater.
Blackwater holding tanks:
- 136L black-water stainless steel holding tank.
- Waste tank with deck discharge connected to both heads and underwater discharge.
- Ray 240 DSC VHF.
- Raymarine autopilot.
- Raymarine E120 radar and plotter with 4kw open array scanner.
- Raymarine depth and speed log.
- GPS Raystar 125
- Additional Raymarine head unit E80 mounted on port side with bracket for navigating crew.
- Remote control search-light.
- Electric horn.
- Corian flecked galley worktop.
- 2 x Stainless steel sink with mixer tap.
- Large front-loading refrigerator.
- 4 zone Neff ceramic hob.
- Panasonic Dimension 4 inverted combination microwave oven.
- Stowage cupboards, lockers, bin, drawers and under-floor stowage bins.
- Two heads/shower – both with fresh-water, electric, quiet-flush Tecma toilets, with system to holding tanks.
- Hot and cold transom shower.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspacher Airtronic diesel-fired heating system, 3-zone with dedicated cockpit unit - cockpit outlets and screen demister outlets.
- Climma Vega Mk II air conditioning system with 3 separate outlets.
- 21” TV mounted in saloon and 15” TV mounted on bulk head in aft cabin, both linked to SeaTel satellite dome.
- Radio head unit with CD/DVDMP3 and 6 disc changer, with speakers in saloon and cockpit.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 3 cabin layout with full beam aft master cabin, forward cabin with double berth, and side guest cabin with twin single bunks.
- Cherry interior satin-varnished finish.
- Cream leather upholstery.
- Burgundy carpets throughout.
- Internal blinds and screens.
- Corian-type worktop to galley.
- Adjustable helm seat with footrest and twin navigators’ bench.
- Chart table area to port.
- Twin windscreen wipers.
- Windscreen freshwater pressure wash.
- Bilge pump controls.
- Aft forward-facing bench seat, rear-facing bench seat with cockpit table.
- Cockpit low-level lighting.
- Stainless steel grab rails.
- Remote controlled searchlight.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Self-stowing Delta anchor with chain.
- Reversible electric anchor winch with foredeck and helm position controls.
- 6 sets of stainless steel cleats to each side.
- Upgraded solid stainless steel guardrails with welded fender baskets.
- Fenders and warps.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- All exterior covers in burgundy canvas.
- Cockpit seating trimmed in buff vinyl.
- Covers for dash board and navigation equipment.
Tender & Outboard:
- Dinghy and outboard negotiable in sales.
- Cooney centre lift davit with electric winch.
- 6 man canister life raft.
- Automatic fire extinguishers in engine room and generator space (service dates unverified).
- Manual fire extinguishers throughout accommodation.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.